Hotwire Hotel: Please help identify this 4 star hotel in North Scottsdale

bradbid
By bradbid,
in

This didn't seem to match up exactly with any of the hotels on your Hotwire lists. Can you please help me identify it? Thank you!

Hotwire

4-star Hotel

North Scottsdale, Arizona

Amenities:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Also, do you know of any way to guarantee two beds in a room when bidding on Priceline or Hotwire? Thanks again!

Some PRICELINE EXPRESS deals will show a Bed Choice option, but there is no bidding involved (it's more like HOTWIRE's product), although technically the reservation is still for double occupancy (i'm not sure if you are more than two people OR if only two people who would like separate beds)

On HOTWIRE you can ensure separate sleeping accommodations by searching for quad occupancy (2adult/2children is usually best since sometimes this does increase the price as is more often the case when searching for 4adults). This ensures separate sleeping accommodations which in most instances means two beds, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed or a rollaway brought into the room. Would this work for your needs?

If so, if you re-do your HOTWIRE search for quad occupancy is the same hotle and price as is offered above appear? (as sometimes when changing occupancy a different hotel will be offered).

Are you more than two people OR do you just want separate beds?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response thereuare. We are a golf group of 8 guys, so we're looking for 4 rooms with 2 beds in each.

We're looking for a 4+ star hotel in North Scottsdale, and unfortunately I didn't see any available with Priceline's Express Deals option. In that case, I think I'm going to go with Hotwire's hot Rates or Priceline's Name Your Own Price.

On Hotwire I tried inputting 4 rooms with quad occupancy and that same 4 star hotel in North Scottsdale came up, just a bit more expensive. Assuming it's a hotel that I/we like, I'm going to go with this plan for booking:

- Bid on Priceline's Name Your Own Price up until I hit the Hotwire hot Rates dollar value for that 4 star hotel. When using Priceline, bid on 5 rooms and hope that 5 rooms have enough beds for 8 of us (with a post-bid request to the hotel about # of beds)

- If bids on Priceline don't win before I hit the Hotwire hot Rates dollar value, then I'll use Hotwire's hot Rates. In this case, I'll either book 5 rooms (like mentioned before) or 4 rooms at the higher rate. Overall these two Hotwire options come out to about the same total price.

Sound like an OK plan?

Back to my first question, do you know what hotel that might be?

Thanks again!

The Talking Stick Resort would be my best guess for this one.

Do note that the occupancy you choose when searching is the TOTAL number of guests, so you would need to search 4rooms/8adults/8children in order to declare quad occupancy in each room.

Booking 5 rooms mitigates your risk a little in the sense that you still need 3 of the rooms to offer at least two beds.

Once you confirm how you'd like to proceed, if PRICELINE, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Great, thanks. I was thinking it might be Talking Stick. Unfortunately that's not what I was hoping for, so maybe I'll keep trying with Priceline, who's "North Scottsdale" area doesn't appear to include Talking Stick geographically. Our budget is about $250 per room per night, so I'm trying to stick to bids under $200 per room per night before the taxes and fees. I've bid up to $170 so far on Priceline.

Otherwise, on Hotwire I also see this 5* hotel in North Scottsdale. Any idea which hotel this is?

5-star Hotel

North Scottsdale

Amenities:

Resort

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks!

• 11 months later...

Thanks again for your help a while back AaronJB and thereuare. For this trip we ended up staying at the Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center, who ran a promotional sale which got us a great price. The bidding options and prices didn't quite work out for what we were looking for, so we decided to go with a non bidding booking for once. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]