Priceline Hotel: 3* Raleigh-Durham (Chapel Hill) Four Points Durham at Southpoint

trentslori
By trentslori,
in

This "win" is unacceptable. Not because it isn't a cool hotel, especially for the price, but because it was an "express deal" for CHAPEL HILL, NC. The description did not say Durham/Chapel Hill, or RTP/Chapel Hill, or even RDU/Chapel Hill...the description strictly said Chapel Hill. This hotel is in DURHAM near the Streets at South Point. It is NOT in Chapel Hill. When I called to let them know this I was told that it is within the "map". Priceline is better than this, or I wouldn't be the huge Priceline fan/advocate that I am. While I am happy to stay at this hotel, I still insist (as a resident of NC) that this hotel is NOT in Chapel Hill. Heck the confirmation from Priceline says DURHAM.

That being said, I always am appreciative and use the links here for both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE. Thanks Better Bidding! Information is the best tool we can offer each other.

Sorry to hear if you're disappointed with the location of this property.

PRICELINE uses the same zone boundaries for their PRICELINE EXPRESS deals as they do for their Name Your Own Price deals, so you always need to double check the boundaries on the map regardless of the name of the zone. I'm assuming where the PRICELINE confirmation say 'Durham', if this is at the top of the page, does it actually say 'Raleigh - Durham'? Usually this (at least as we use the terms on the board in order to keep things straght) is considered the region... and within the region are zones (Chapel Hill, RTP, Downtown Raleigh, etc, etc)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding. If you recall, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that were shown before your purchase?

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Free internet, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Free Parking, Restaurant, Airport Shuttle, Business Center, Fitness Center

Those were the amenities listed. Also listed as a guest favorite with a rating of 8.0 or higher.

Having stayed here now, I have to say it's a nice 3-star hotel. In DURHAM. It is NOT in Chapel Hill. It is NEAR Chapel Hill (a few miles). Priceline should do themselves and the hotel a big favor by changing the description of this express deal to "near Chapel Hill".

(am seriously trying to help here, not wanting nor asking for anything...we enjoyed our stay in DURHAM).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]