Hotwire Hotel: Help with Big Island Hotels

antlori
By antlori,
in

I'm looking for 2 rooms for 4 adults and 3 kids (2 adults & 2 kids in one room, 2 adults and 1 kid in the other room). I ran my dates, 2 nights, in Jan.4 and out Jan.6 and come up with 3 that look good. I think I might have identified 2 of them but the 3rd is a mystery. Here's what I think I have:

Kailua-Kona:

3-1/2 *'s - Hotel, Oceanfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Golf & Tennis Nearby - $124/night -- I think this may be the O'Hana Keauhou Beach Resort (did this use to be the Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort)?

Kailua-Kona:

3-1/2 *'s - Condo, Near Beach, 1-Bedroom Suite, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Pool, Air Conditioned, Washer/Dryer in room, Free Parking, Front Desk, Golf & Tennis Nearby, Laundry Facilities (self service) - $157/night -- I think this may be the Aston Shores at Waikoloa. I like the condo aspect and the free parking here but the first one is oceanfront.

Kohala Coast:

3-1/2 *'s - Condo, 2-Bedroom Suite, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Kitchenette, Pool, Air Conditioned, Washer/Dryer in room, Fitness Center, Free Parking, Front Desk, Golf & Tennis nearby, Laundry Facilities (self service) - $148/night. I have no idea what this one might be but I think it looks very good for $148/night. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? Is it worth taking a chance on? Is the Kailua-Kona area better than the Kohala Coast area? I like the idea of 2 bedrooms and the free parking is a plus. What do you think they mean by Fully Equipped Kitchen and Kitchenette? Are there 2 kitchens in the unit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to the best choice from these 3. I'm really torn. I've used Hotwire a few times before and never been disappointed, and it's only for 2 nights, but these 3 properties all look pretty good. I think the prices look okay. Can't take a chance on Priceline as we definitely need 2 beds in each room.

Hello,

I am from the Big Island... The first property you mentioned the Keahou Beach is in Kona on Alii Drive and is more like a hotel not a condo.. the second property you have marked as Kailua Kona is actually in Waikoloa app. 25 miles away from Kona and you didn't mention the name of the third property.... It all depends on what you like.... Waikoloa is somewhat secluded not much around the area expect other hotels and high end shops and dining ( a couple inexpensive places) ... however, it is a relaxing area. Kona has more places to shop and dine ( all price ranges) but it is somewhat a busy area with traffic.... so like I mentioned it all depends on what you expect out of your vacation a more tranquil area or a busier surrounding.... Personally if I want to shop and party I go to Kona, If I want to spend time with my family enjoying the sunset and tanning at the pool I would go to Waikoloa. In particular I love the Hilton at Waikoloa...... which ever you decide hope you have a wonderful vacation.......

Do you think this property might be the 3rd one? Paniolo Greens Resort 68-1845 Waikoloa Road, Waikoloa,

Hotel features:2 Bedroom Suite, Fully-equipped Kitchen, Kitchenette, Pool(s), Air-Conditioning, Washer and Dryer in Room, Fitness Center, Free Parking, Front Desk, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Laundry Facilities (self-service) Description: Paniolo Greens is located in Waikoloa Village with spectacular ocean and mountain views. Units are fully appointed condos. The resort borders Waikoloa Country Club (where guests enjoy golf privileges) and Waikoloa Village Shopping Center. It's an easy drive to the Kohala Coast and all of Hawaii's attractions - including beaches and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.

I obtained this information doing a package search. Amenities seem to match, looks to be in the same area.

Thanks, angelbaby and shammes, for the help. I'll check out the Paniolo Greens Resort on the web and see what it looks like. I'm leaning towards taking a chance on the "unknown condo". We're only there for 2 nights so I think it's worth trying. It would be nice to have a 2-bedroom condo so everyone has more space. I'll let you know what it turns out to be.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]