Priceline Hotel: Help for strategy for San Antonio resorts

stinkycat
By stinkycat,
in

I'd like to target my stay in SA Hyatt Hill Country Resort for 10/14 to 10/16.

When I select the zone the resort is in SA West, the quality selection is 2 stars, 1 star, and resorts. I could choose just resorts, but the problem is that I know that the Radisson resort is in the same zone and would most likey accept a much lower price than the Hyatt. The Radisson has not had as good reviews as the Hyatt.

So this is my strategy. Start with SA downtown with 4 stars hotels only and starting price of maybe $60. Then add SA west with the first rebid and hope to get the resort. If we ened up in a 4 star hotel, I suppose that would be acceptable :), but we're going for the resort.

Any tips?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't understand the benefit behind this strategy... once you add Resort you have just as much of a chance at getting the Radisson as you do the Hyatt. If you want a Resort, why bother with the 4* Downtown bid which doesn't give you a chance at what you really want?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to try and exclude the other resorts. But there doesn't seem to be anything.

My reasoning is that not all resorts in that zone are the same quality and by selecting 4 stars in a different zone, I could possibly exclude the non-top-of-the-line resorts in my target area. Yes, there is the possibility of getting a 4 star in a different zone, but the zones are not that far apart.

Well, staying downtown is ok with us as well, I might just follow the strategy anyways and see what happens.

• 1 month later...

I have stayed at both -- and there are plus and minuses to each.

Just remember to check the radison webpage to know what they

are asking there, and don't overbid.

Assuming you want to b close to SeaWorld and that is the focus

of your trip -- either should meet your needs.

The Hyatt is probably nicer -- but as the weather gets more iffy,

the Radissons heated pools are a nice plus!

m

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]