Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Long Beach Hilton Long Beach And Exec. Meeting Center

izmeeh
By izmeeh,
in

I need 3 rooms for the Long Beach area for 1 night, 2/17/13 to 2/18/13.

I placed bids starting at $58 for a 3.5* star hotel in zones 1, 2 and 3 with zone 2 being the free rebidding zone since I saw a winning bid at that price. I had gone up to $73 and failed. I thought the highest would be about $70. I don't want to go up to $95 like another poster. I'm now regretting not booking Hotel Maya at $85/night when they were having a sale last week. I thought I could do better with priceline.

Backup plan: $120/night + tax at Hotel Maya with free parking while I go on the cruise. However, I need 3 rooms but will only have 2 cars. I feel like it's a waste to book the third room at this rate. At the same time, I can't book 1 room with priceline since all of us should stay at the same hotel. Please help.

I don't want to go up to $95 like another poster.

At this point in time what is your maximum bid for a 3.5* property? Is it the $73 you have already bid OR are you willing to go up to (but not over) $95?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've never gone over $65 for a room booking via priceline before. At this point, I think I'll be looking for a 3* room. If it's in the Long Beach area, I'd go up to $65. Else, I'll be looking at hotels between Santa Ana and Long Beach if the hotel can be had for about $45. Do you think that's feasible?

You can/should try, but based upon current prices my guess is that a 3* in Long Beach will ultimately cost more than $65/nite.

Why not try your 3* Long Beach bidding first, then let us know the other zones you're considering (by PRICELINE name) and we'll have a look at those areas.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went up to $65 and failed for a 3* hotel in the Long Beach area. I'll be in the Garden Grove/Santa Ana/Irvine area on Sunday afternoon. I was going to stay in Long Beach so that I don't have to fight traffic on Monday morning. What are some good zones between Irvine and the port Long Beach for a 3* or above hotel at about $50 or lower?

I'd suggest searching HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS to see which zone(s) offer 3* and higher rated hotels at around $50/nite, then see which would be convenient for your needs this trip.

You can also use our Priceline Maps for the region(s) you're considering, and ONLY select the month of February from the filter list (and you can also limit it to 3* and higher hotels)... then you can see which zones often offer rates in the $50 range.

Another option is to use our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, searching the acceptable areas on (and around) your dates to see if anything has been reported at the 3* level or higher... then also look at the same dates last year to get a year-over-year comparison (as rates available for around this time last year might also be available this year)

There is a LOT of powerful search functions that can be done use the board features.

Once you decide upon the zones we can assist with a bidding strategy.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

I'm not sure how much extra the parking is vs. the Mayfair, but given that this is $50+ cheaper per nite then the rate you were considering, i'd guess you came out well ahead of the game, even with the cost of parking.

Glad to see you saved some money and are happy with the purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]