Priceline Hotel: 4* in Vail Colorado

dhieka23
By dhieka23,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

In your reply can you please clarify...

I would like to book a 1 bedroom....

Do you need a standard hotel room OR are you looking for a 1BR condo?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A standard one bedroom.

Do you mean a 1BR as in two separate rooms that separate the bedroom area from the living room area... or a standard hotel room that is typically one room with no wall/door separating the living space from the sleeping area?

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

2x

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry I've never been to Vail so don't know what they have. But a regular one bedroom without adjoining kitchen etc. I would like to stay in the Lionshead area- Marriott if possible. Which I now realize are resorts not 4*. Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks for your help!

Clicked on the links! :)

I'm trying to make sure that you can get what you're looking for as you combining two terms which usually have two different meanings:

1 Bedroom - these accommodations typically have a two separate rooms, which a wall and/or door separating the living space (with couch, tv, etc) from the sleeping space (where the bed is located)

Standard hotel room - this is your typical hilton, marriott, doubletree, etc, hotel room... you enter and there it is just one room with no demarcation between the living space and sleeping space

If you're looking for a 1 bedroom then you'll likely be better off with a condo-type property... if a 'standard hotel room' is what you're seeking then you have much more possibilities.

Please confirm if a 'standard hotel room' is what you're seeking and we'll take it from there.

This is Easter vacation week for many schools in the United States and i assume hotels will be busier then usual with families taking ski vacations.

I had a look at rates for your dates and based upon current rates $200 or under looks like it will be difficult for a 4* hotel... and may even be difficult for a 3.5* property. We will suggest a strategy for whatever star rating and dollar limit you'd like, and there is no harm in trying for a 4* first and then if rejected try for a 3.5*, but at the moment it looks like both may be an uphill battle.

Is Vail the only zone in the area you're willing to accept?

Let us know if you're willing to bid as high as $200 at this point in time and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I would like to stay at the resorts in Lionshead because the rest of my family will be in that area. But I guess getting a hotel in the surrounding areas wouldn't be too bad.

Are you willing to stay anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the 'Vail' zone? You can see the zone boundaries by entering 'Vail, CO' into the search box on the top right of this board.

You want to stick with only Resort class properties are is a 4* acceptable as well?

Please confirm the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Hello:

Yes, I am also considering staying in 4* in the shaded areas but I would prefer that resorts in Lionshead. Please advice on both situations please as time is running close and on some sites it only says a few rooms are left. (I dont know how accurate that is) But any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Are you willing to stay anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the 'Vail' zone?

Yes, I am also considering staying in 4* in the shaded areas but I would prefer that resorts in Lionshead.

You can't choose a specific location within the zone... you have to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the boundaries of the zone(s) you select.

'Lionshead' is not a zone on either PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, the zones cover more ground than just this area (from what i could gather from research the Lionshead area on the web)

When bidding 4* in the Vail area you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Vail...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Vail and re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $190

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and once again using this link to re-access PRICELINE re-try:

Select 4* Vail...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $210

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and once again using this link to re-access PRICELINE re-try:

Select 4* Vail...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $230

Select 4* Vail...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $240, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $250

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes... keep us updated on your progress.

Im using the rebidding but I cannot find another zone that does not offer 4*. Priceline has linked their area's together. There are 5 zones.

1. Avon-Beaver Creek - These have 4*

2. Breckenridge- This one I didnt see a 4*, but some didnt have a rating.

3. Dillon-Silverthrone-Frisco - This one has one resort which says its Keystone Lodge and Spa (which is in Keystone but they say is Dillon) There is not an umbrella here indicating a resort though.

4. Keystone- This one I cannot find on the hotel list. See above.

5. Vail

Please let me know which could be a rezone. So #2 and #3 could possible be a rezone but I wanted to double check with you before proceeding.

Thanks!

It appears you are using the 'retail' section of PRICELINE to determine your re-bid zones, which is NOT what you want to do as the retail zones and the 'name your own price' zones have different boundaries.

If you're read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are still confused, try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter 'Vail, CO' and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Hello:

So I have gone with the advice you have given and Im up to 230 from your bid and have one more try tomorrow. Im willing to add the Avon/Bear Creek area which has 4* and resort hotels. Do you think its possible with this similar strategy to get a hotel in Avon/Bear Creek for less than $200/night?

Thanks again for your help.

A 4* in Bear Creek-Avon still may be a bit of a stretch at less than $200... but if you want to try the bidding should go a bid quicker as you'll then be able to use Vail as a pseudo re-bid zones.

If your 4* bidding for Vail is rejected tomorrow, let us know if you then want to try for Bear Creek/Avon and we'll revise the strategy to include these zones (up to $200, correct)?

I recently booked a 4* hotel in Vail and will give you my advice. I started my search by using PRICELINE EXPRESS deals that don't require you to bid. I did a search for my location and dates to see what PRICELINE was offering for their express rates to give me an idea of what a realistic bid might look like. I was looking for a 4* as well and they had a 4* listed for $259 a night. I started my bidding at $175 and eventually got up to $225, which was the max i was willing to pay. I also looked at HOTWIRE to get an idea of the realistic price range for a 4*. I then went to Travelocity and searched their "hidden rates" or whatever they call them and ended up with the 4* for $144 per night. So i would say to expand your search to include non-priceline websites as well as using PRICELINE EXPRESS deals to give you an idea of what may or may not be a realistic price to pay.

Thank you Brandon for your help that really was great advice.

Thereuare-The four-star bids for Vail did not work. I followed Brandon's advice and look at other sites and they had Travelocity secret 4* hotel for 163. Is there a way to find out what hotel that is? Also on hotels.com and other sites they had Vail Cascade resorts for 249 a night. Could i get that for less on priceline? 163 seems like a great deal but concerned that it will not be hotel in that area. Avon or Vail.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Unfortunately Travelocity doesn't show any maps with boundaries as to where the hotel will be located, so i can only assume that it could be anywhere within the Vail city limits.

Perhaps Brandon could indicate the amenities shown for the hotel he purchases and by chance it may match the hotel you're being offered? (still no guarantees it's the same property though)

Also on hotels.com and other sites they had Vail Cascade resorts for 249 a night. Could i get that for less on priceline?

Probably not, since this hotel is located in the Vail zone and you have already bid up to $250 in this zone. If there was opaque availability then you would have won it while bidding. If you do go for this offer please sue the board's link to HOTELS.com or our link to Travelocity if you decide to try the offer above.

EDIT TO ADD: if you're arriving late or departing early on the front/backed of your stay, you could see if the Travelocity offer is available for the first or last nite of your stay, and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain' and learn the name of the property, if it works for your plans go ahead and purchase the remaining nites, if not. go with the HOTELS.com deal at the Cascade.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

The amenities that were listed for my 4* that turned out to be the Vail Cascade were pretty simple, only Swimming Pool, Non Smoking and High Speed internet were listed. The location shown was "Vail Valley - Vail" and it had 4.5 smiley faces on the reviews. When i clicked on the actual listing, it showed the location as "Vail CO US". I too was worried about getting something in Avon or Beaver Creek as i was also looking for Vail only, so the location saying Vail CO made me feel comfortable enough to go for it. I would guess what you are seeing is the Vail Cascade but there is no real way of being sure of it.

Alright guys...this was definitely and arduous process for sure. But I went with the secret Travelocity deal (with the link you provided) and got Vail cascade for $163 a night!! I'm very happy with that. My only concern is that they didn't offer trip assurance like Hotwire and Priceline. But hopefully we won't need it. They also charge a $108 resort fee. I don't know if that's for every hotel. Thank you so much for your patience and help thereuare and amazing advice Brandon!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]