Priceline Hotel: 3* Oahu (Waikiki Marina) Ramada Plaza Waikiki

VacationDude
By VacationDude,
in

Note that I did not bid but rather used the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal, which is something new on Priceline, I think. The Express Deal showed me a mysterious 3-star hotel for my dates in Waikiki Marina, saying it had over a 7.0-star Priceline reviewer rating. I had to buy it blindly for $109 a night. But I saw someone on this board won the Ramada Plaza for a similar price at almost the exact same dates as mine, and figured the mystery hotel was the Ramada. All of Priceline's 3-star hotels have good TripAdvisor ratings, so I felt good about buying blind even if it wasn't the Ramada. And, I know from a past stay that the Waikiki Marina area has a nice long public beach area within easy walk of any hotel in the area, and there's a nice huge mall within walking distance as well, so it's a good area for a beach vacation, maybe even better than Waikiki Beach, in my opinion, which is better groomed but really just a fancy clean tourist trap.

In any case, Waikiki hotel prices are insanely high this year. I landed The Modern (4.5 resort) last year for just $110/night! This year, it only gets me a 3-star. Ah well, it's Hawaii. You can sleep on the beach and still have a great time. Aloha.

My Priceline win stats.

Price: $109.00/night

Rooms: 1

Nights: 5

Room Subtotal: $545.00

Taxes & Fees: $97.70

Total Charged to Card: $642.70

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]