Priceline - Walked again...

tenerifesharon
By tenerifesharon,
in

Way back in December and January I booked 2 Priceline pre and post cruise stays for San Diego in October and November. For both I "won" the US Grant. Now it is being renovated and should have been reopened in July. No surprise that it didn't happen.

In June I received a mail that I was being moved to the Westin Horton Plaza for the dates in October (20-23). I called Priceline and said that it would be fine, but I would like to know that we will again be at the Westin or at the renovated US Grant for the post-cruise dates from 6-8 November. I was told that they were sure the Grant would be reopened in time or that we would again be at the Westin.

Just received a mail that we are being moved to the HI on the Bay for the post-cruise dates. Probably not a problem except that we will be travelling a total of over four weeks (lots of luggage!!) including cruise since we are coming in from the Canary Islands. Am not happy about - most likely- not being able to park some luggage during the cruise period since I assumed we would be at the same hotel before and after. (Additionally, we are supposed to appear at the US Grant for the beginning of each stay and they will "walk us over" to the other hotel.

Do I have any regress with Priceline -- other than cancelling? Any suggestions?? Chance of bonus money or anything?

I should mention that the price for both stays was super -- $45 per night for the October dates and $43 for the November.

One thing to think about is that rates are very high this year in SD. If you cancel you might have a problem finding something close to $45. What star level did you bid to get the Grant? What the HI a down grade?

I'm not so sure that any hotel would allow you to park luggage at their property while you cruise, but if you believe this to be the case, then why don't you go to the Holiday Inn and explain to them that you'll be checking in at a later date and would like to store some luggage there until you return to check-in.

Besides the change in hotels (which is more of a fault of the US Grant than of Priceline) i don't see how you're anymore so inconvenienced, other than having to go to the US Grant first and then get 'walked'... which i would contact priceline and refuse to do, there is no reason you should have to take a taxi there first and then travel to the Holiday Inn. It seems as if they are not 'officially' transfering these reservations at this point (maybe still hopeful the hotel will open in time?) and i would demand that you have a confirmed reservation at some property and that you only have to show up at the hotel you will be staying at.

PS- please post your winning bids to the board in the appropriate category

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare and bbbb -- I really don't mean to be greedy or ungrateful, as I think both of the new hotels will be just fine and are absolute bargains. Both new reservations are confirmed with new numbers, so I'm sure all will be perfectly o.k.. The moving around is really no great inconvenience. Both bids were for 3 stars - made way back in December and January. The stay from 20-23 October was upgraded when the reservation was changed from the US Grant to the Westin Horton Plaza (4 star) and the 6-8 November stayed a 3 star by moving to the HI on the Bay. I will call both the new reserved hotels and be sure that we do, indeed, have reservations with them.

I wasn't sure if I should post the original wins since I became a member of betterbidding after I had bid and won. Will add both now if that's o.k.

Thanks again for all your help. This board is so much more welcoming and comforting than TOBB. I never posted there for fear that I would feel the wrath across the big pond and be banned forever!!

(Additionally, we are supposed to appear at the US Grant for the beginning of each stay and they will "walk us over" to the other hotel.

This can't be right, as the hotel will be closed during your dates. You should have been given new confirmation numbers - a Westin one and a Holiday Inn one. Just go directly to the hotel where you have the reservation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]