Priceline Hotel: 2* Fairfield Inn - Chicago Midway

fly_up_front
By fly_up_front,
in

One guy owns several hotels in this Midway area so Priceline bidding is tough. I've tried to get this at $38 more recently and have not been successful.

Fairfield Inn Midway Airport

Midway Airport (MDW) - Oak Lawn

6630 S Cicero Ave

Bedford Park, Illinois 60638

708-594-0090

Check-In Date: Mon, Dec 30, 2002

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Tue, Dec 31, 2002

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $38.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $38.00

Taxes: $5.78

Processing Fee: $5.95

Total Charges: $49.73

Thank you for your post and insight into bidding Priceline for MDW. I need a room there two times for one night each next month. Do you have any other suggestions you may be able to add? I've been bidding every few days for a couple weeks. Today, I started at 3* for $50, 2.5* for $46, 2* for $43 and lastly 1* for $41, all without success. Would appreciate any tips anyone might be able to pass on. Thank you. :)

Hi - There's a complex called the Midway Hotels Center which is six hotels (Fairfield, Courtyard, 2 Holiday Inns, Sleep Inn and Hampton) all owned by the same guy and all use a common shuttle system. I think he also owns the TGIFriday's in the middle of the complex. I had a chatty driver the last time I was there.

The website is http://www.midwayhotelcenter.com

I think having one dominant owner explains why even a 2* requires a $38 minimum. I think the Courtyard is the 2.5* and maybe the nicer Holiday Inn is a 3*. There's also a Four Points in this area that I believe is a 2*. I've never won anything in this area but the Fairfield and always at $38. I have not been successful at $38 lately.

It's a guess but I think $48 might win the Fairfield but when I haven't been able to get the Fairfield at $38, I've always just decided to bid $55 in South Michigan and get one of the Hiltons and take the 30 minute CTA ride.

Good luck.

Thank you for your response (and so fast too :) ) We're using MDW as our flyin and out for a trip to Michigan. Staying near the a/p is pretty important on the return, but I like your idea about the Hilton for the start of the trip.

I've been studying mapquest and Priceline trying to determine which other areas might be convenient to bid for that first night. We will have a rental car. Seeing as we are heading northeast the next morning, I would not want to go too far out of the way. Would this south Michigan area you referenced be good for us?

Can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. The link was great too. The guy sure has a monopoly. :)

Thanks!

Kim

I've never had a car down south or downtown and when I've stayed at the Hilton, I've had some things I also needed to do downtown so South Michigan was a reasonable choice. Also, didn't have a lot of luggage so the CTA ride was no problem. I think taking a car to one of the Hiltons would cost you any savings over a MDW hotel.

I'd keep bidding MDW for nights you'll have the car.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]