Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) The Westin Maui Resort And Spa

TT2013
By TT2013,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post only one stay per thread... we'll use this thread for the Maui portion of your trip, please start a NEW TOPIC for the Oahu leg of your trip.

For Maui, which zones and star ratings have you already bid? For which dates is the Maui trip? Was your maximum bid so far for Maui the $198 or the $185?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...with area 1,2,3

Please use the zone names (as they appear on PRICELINE) rather than the zone numbers, as the zones will change order whenever PRICELINE re-names, adds, or removes zones.

So to confirm you're really only interested in the Ka'anapali - Lahaina zone and are using the other two zones as re-bid zones?

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com the beset rate i see for a 4* or Resort class property in this zone is $394/nite, so a bid of ~$200 is not likely going to be enough at this time.

I think you're likely running into trouble as the tail of your trip includes both Valentine's Day and the start of President's Week, for which some families may be heading on vacation. Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Then how much should I bid for it?

Given hotel direct rates of nearly $400/nite how high are you willing to bid for a 4*/Resort in this zone?

...how to splitting the dates?

You would change your dates to two separate bids, and you could receive a different hotel for each win (or win one set of dates and still have trouble with the second set of dates) so would need to be open to the idea of having to change hotels mid-stay... is this acceptable?

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

This is President's Day Weekend. I've learned after several years of traveling to Maui during the February/March timeframe to only travel after this weekend because the rates seem to be incredibly inflated (yes Maui is expensive, but this weekend seems to be one of the worst). I think Maui is a very popular destination for this weekend for people in California. I'm not saying you cannot secure something on PRICELINE. But I think your chances of getting something under $200 will come much later. I would recommend making a reservation that can be cancelled and then continuing to try for your dates. My guess is that your best chance will come much closer to your travel dates when the hotels better know what their occupancy rates will be. Just my two cents.

And, I would recommend not trying to use the "extend your stay" feature offer through PRICELINE until much closer to your travel dates, again, when the resorts know what occupancy for that weekend is expected to be. You can only try his option once and if you know that the rate you got for 10-15 will be rejected, don't waste now your best chance of getting the same resort for your entire stay on Maui. I would wait until after February 1st (within 14 days of the 15th) before trying to extend the stay.

And, if you haven't done so, please report your $220 win for the 10-15.

I agree with Sota327's suggestion of making a cancelable back-up reservation, and also the other suggestions.

With the back-up reservation you can more comfortably continue to see a better deal.

Additionally:

Hotwire has a 3* Ka'anapali for $247.

With Priceline you could consider lower star levels and/or other areas.

Romelle

Split my stay: 2/10-2/15, 2/15-2/17. Won first 5 days with $220, last 2 days up to $255 still failed yesterday.

What hotel did you win? Please use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right of this page in order to provide the details of the deal you received.
How much would you suggest for the last 2 days? Thanks...

from 15th--17th, up to $295 still not get it :( What shall I do??

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nites of your stay (since this topic will now reflect your win for 2/10-2/15) and we will continue the discussion there.

Thanks.

This is President's Day Weekend. I've learned after several years of traveling to Maui during the February/March timeframe to only travel after this weekend because the rates seem to be incredibly inflated (yes Maui is expensive, but this weekend seems to be one of the worst). I think Maui is a very popular destination for this weekend for people in California. I'm not saying you cannot secure something on PRICELINE. But I think your chances of getting something under $200 will come much later. I would recommend making a reservation that can be cancelled and then continuing to try for your dates. My guess is that your best chance will come much closer to your travel dates when the hotels better know what their occupancy rates will be. Just my two cents.

And, I would recommend not trying to use the "extend your stay" feature offer through PRICELINE until much closer to your travel dates, again, when the resorts know what occupancy for that weekend is expected to be. You can only try his option once and if you know that the rate you got for 10-15 will be rejected, don't waste now your best chance of getting the same resort for your entire stay on Maui. I would wait until after February 1st (within 14 days of the 15th) before trying to extend the stay.

And, if you haven't done so, please report your $220 win for the 10-15.

Thank you so much! I didn't know that the extend your stay feature can only be used once. I tried it today already and of course failed. I cannot use it later?

reported.

What hotel did you win? Please use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right of this page in order to provide the details of the deal you received.

???

Please provide the details of your win.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]