Priceline Hotel: Resort Kauai (Poipu - Koloa) Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort And Spa

saburi
By saburi,
in

I've been trying for 3 days in hopes of $140 (using the above PRICELINE link).

Each time I was given the instant offer of $173.

Today I started at $150, was given the offer, added Princeville and rebid at $160 and got it.

We are staying down the road and needed just one more night for our trip, so this is perfect. Excited to stay there!

Congratulations on your success!

An excellent deal for this beautiful property. Be prepared that everything (food, drinks, etc) on-site is VERY expensive, but it's truly a remarkable property!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

There are 3 resorts available today with big price differences. I want to get the Grand Hyatt, but how do I avoid the lower price "resorts?"

Reviewing past info, looks like $150-$160 is a good price to get the Hyatt, but if I bid that and the other hotels jump in?

We are looking for Feb 1 to Feb 5 2013.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

There are 3 resorts available today with big price differences. I want to get the Grand Hyatt, but how do I avoid the lower price "resorts?"

Reviewing past info, looks like $150-$160 is a good price to get the Hyatt, but if I bid that and the other hotels jump in?

We are looking for Feb 1 to Feb 5 2013.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please post the details of your stay as a new/separate thread and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

There is no way to guarantee a particular property. If one selects a star rating and zone, they have to be willing to stay at any hotel at that star rating in that zone.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I've been trying for 3 days in hopes of $140 (using the above PRICELINE link).

Each time I was given the instant offer of $173.

Today I started at $150, was given the offer, added Princeville and rebid at $160 and got it.

We are staying down the road and needed just one more night for our trip, so this is perfect. Excited to stay there!

How does the instant offer work? I've been trying for literally months for the Grand Hyatt for an April stay. I would be THRILLED to only have to pay $173. I've gone as high as $180 and no success. I've never seen an instant offer for any of my bids.

The "instant offer" is better described as a "counter-offer." These offers are not seen that often during bidding, but when they are they are not a guarantee of a particular hotel, but are a guarantee that *A* hotel will accept if you jump to the price they're countering at. However, the actual price to accept is often less.

Is this for the stay discussed in your prior Priceline Hawaii thread?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The "instant offer" is better described as a "counter-offer." These offers are not seen that often during bidding, but when they are they are not a guarantee of a particular hotel, but are a guarantee that *A* hotel will accept if you jump to the price they're countering at. However, the actual price to accept is often less.

Is this for the stay discussed in your prior Priceline Hawaii thread?

Yes it is. Like I say, I've been trying for months now. Yesterday I went as high as $190 by rebidding and still no success.

I've been trying for months now. Yesterday I went as high as $190 by rebidding and still no success.

Please post bidding updates to your Priceline Kauai thread... there could be others looking for information for their own upcoming April/May stays and i'm sure you're bidding history-to-date would be helpful in their own PRICELINE and HOTWIRE pursuits.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]