Priceline Hotel: PL London Bid Amount -November 1

Tburr
By Tburr,
in

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Priceline several times ( I have always been happy with the results). When my bid is rejected for price, I thought I had to wait 72 hours until I rebid (I tend to narrow it to one area of the city). What is this "re-bid zone" people refer to ? Is there a way to rebid when they say wait 72 hours?

Thanks

You can often bid again before 72 hours, as explained in PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED, but unfortunately there are no re-bid zones available when bidding the 4* level in London.

I would recommend starting at $55 and increasing $5 every 72 hours until you reach $75 at which point we'll re-evaluate.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and please keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

A risky strategy maybe, but it worked for me when I was bidding for a 4* in London:

According to PL, there are 4* in London Bridge zone. But, as you'll see from here, there have been none reported. Further, I've looked closely at the zone, and I'm very familiar with this part of London, and whilst it is a very up and coming area, there are only a handful of hotels in this zone. I am not aware of ANY that are officially a 4 star, all of them such as the Novotel, City Inn are a 3* (but very nice and modern).

PL might classify one of these 3* hotels as a 4, but I've yet to hear of a 4* winning bid.

Thereuare might be able to confirm?

As before, it's a risk, but it would give you another rebid.

Worst case scenario you end up in one of the nice hotels in the S. Bank which is a great part of London to be in :)

If priceline offers a given star rating in a zone it should be assumed that they do indeed offer that quality hotel in that area.

I'm also conservative by nature... so with nearly 6 weeks before this stay why take unnecessary changes? Plenty of time to test the waters and follow a systematic bidding approach that doesn't include any chance of ending up in a zone that you don't want.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you taken a look at hotel prices for your dates?

You have two zones you'd be happy with, and I suspect you'd probably be happy with Mayfair, although unlikely to get it with your bid amount.

So I'd bid like this. I've given general instructions if you want to try other numbers, and also used thereuare's.

Bid X for Bloomsbury. (Start out with $55 like thereuare said.)

Bid X + (increment1) for Bloomsbury + Mayfair. (Add $5 like thereuare said.)

Bid Y for Kensington. Start a completely new bid by shutting the browser down and going back to the affiliate link (SavingsBarn.com supports the board). Maybe $60.

Bid Y + (increment2) for Kensington + Bloomsbury. (Add $5)

Bid Y + (increment3) for Kensington + Mayfair. (Add $5) (Start a completely new bid again.)

Bid Y + (increment4) for Kensington + Bloomsbury + Mayfair. (Add $5)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]