Priceline Hotel: NYC 10/18 - 10/21 2005

laochen
By laochen,
in

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

This is how i would begin, since you have time on your side:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210.

If the above is rejected, also let us know where your back-up reservation is... you may want to consider the Beekman Tower were you can get a 1BR suite for $201/nite and the reviews are generally excellent.

Good Luck with the above and let us know if you have any questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much.

I just tried to book the Beekman, however there are 4 of us traveling and they won't a reservation for 1 Bedroom for 4 people. I requested 2 rooms and the price is $240.00 per night - (unless I'm reading it wrong).

I currently have a reservation at the Benjamin -

I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Thanks again.

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right -

MTE has 5 star, MTW and UP 4 stars.

If I start at at MTE for $160 and rejected, I should then rebid for $170 and add zone MTW,

if rejected bid $180.00 and add zone UM/CPS.

Is this correct? Question is it worth beginning the bid at $160.00 MTE for 5 star and add zones since MTW and UM/CPS do not offer 5 stars?

Thanks

No, you don't have it right, we need to backtrack a bit.

RE-Bid zones are zones that you can add without the ability of receiving that zone (because it only contains star levels lower than the one you are bidding). Since MTW and UM/CPS have 4* properties in them, they're considered 'live' zones.

If the above doesn't clear it up, list each of the priceline zones and the highest star rating offered within each zone and we'll explain further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry - the strategy is not clear to me.

I checked priceline and MTE includes 1-5 * hotels

MTW and UM/CPS both include 1-4* hotels -

Soho Downtown - 1-4*

Midtown South 1-4*

Upper East Side 1-3*

Upper West side 1-2.5*

So that being the case - if I selected 4* and bid $160.00 and rejected- I could add zone Upper East Side (b/c no 4* star hotel available) and if rejected add Upper West Side (b/c no 4* available) -

Do I have it yet!

I was rejected on all bids - I'll wait 72 hours to try again.

(I used Savings Barn)

However, I am reserving a 1 bedroom suite at the Beekman through the website you provided -

Although the website will not allow me to book for 4 people - I confirmed online that 4 people are allowed to stay in one room.

Keep you posted. Again thanks for you help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]