Priceline Hotel: 3* San Juan Hotel Normandie

icnacnud
By icnacnud,
in

We will be in San Juan for one night post-cruise on December 3, 2005. I've checked Hotwire but I am not happy with the available rates and would prefer to use Priceline since I'm not attached to a particular hotel. I could use some help on:

1. Bidding strategy for a 3* or 4* overnite on Priceline, and

2. Backup hotel while I'm trying. I read about the Marriott special in earlier posts from June, but I can't tell if it's still valid and have had no luck with the links.

Thanks in advance for any guidance...

You can book a cancellable back-up at the Holiday Inn Express for $119 (don't book the lower rates as they have cancellation penalties associated with them).

I suspect that it will take more than $100 to be successful for this date (as two hotels i looked at are already sold-out), but given you have time, and a back-up above, i would bid every 72 hours as follows:

$85

$95

$105

$110

$115

I think increasing to $115 at this point is prudent given your back-up (at a lesser quality) and the time of year... but it's up to you if you ultimately want to do so or not.

Let us know how it goes and keep us updated as to your progress.

Any additional questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice - I have already booked the Holiday Inn Express as a backup. One additional question -- in another post someone said that San Juan hotels tend to release rooms very close to the last minute. Do you think I am better off waiting until closer to the date (12/3/05) or should I try to lock in now?

San Juan is known for often releasing inventory close to check-in dates, but you have nothing to lose by trying to bid now... you could get lucky (it's not unheard of to get accepted a few months prior, just not always as easy as in other cities) and then not have to worry about confirming your accomodations for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]