Priceline Hotel: Looking for Pre-Cruise hotel stay in Miami

cjl10schic
By cjl10schic,
in

Rates are a bit high and i do see a PGA Golf Tournament in town during this nite but not sure just how big of an event it is and if it would effect hotel prices. There are just a handful of schools that start Spring Break this early so i don't think that is much of a factor.

What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept? Is staying near the Airport an option?

You can also check out our newly released Pre Cruise Hotels which makes it very easy to see the hotels surrounding the port, as well as how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or closer/further to your ideal location. Also, we just added to this site a link (inside each hotel's "infobubble" a link to see restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. near the hotel)... if you like this site please help spread the word to your fellow cruisers.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above regarding star rating and zones and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, i'm absolutely willing to stay near the airport. I've attempted to bid for a three star at the airport up to $70 with no luck, as well as a four star up to $100 with no luck. Basically, i'd be happy with a lower rate near the airport or a slightly higher rate in downtown/south beach. I'd also take a 4 star in the Coral Gables area, but was also unsuccessful for that with a 100 dollar bid.

I've been trying to locate the reason for the high fares as well. I think the minimum star rating I would accept is 3*.

Thanks again for the help, i'm kind of puzzled as to the extremely high fares.

I think the high rates may be the World Golf Championships i referenced, taking place 3/6-3/10. It appears to be a televised event which indicates that it's of decent size, as well as has corporate sponsorship (Cadillac) which also gives an idea of its size... all those players, camera crews, reporters, etc, etc need to stay someplace.

At current rates i think you're going to have to be near the top end of your $125 budget for a 4* hotel and near the $100 mark for a 3* (from what i could gather you have been bidding $100 for a 4* and $70 for a 3*).

Exactly what zone and star rating have you bid for and at what price? Using Pre Cruise Hotels what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The pre-cruise hotel rates are also pretty pricey for that date. Lowest three star is 128 dollars, in a not-so-nice property.

I was bidding for several combinations, three star in South beach areas and Airport, as well as 3.5 star in South beach. You're correct, I was bidding $100 for 4* and $70 for 3*. In the Airport, downtown, and South beach areas.

I think you're right, I'm just going to have to raise my budget for this date. Do you think I should book sooner or wait until later?

It's impossible to say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip... it all depends upon how future demand comes in relative to expectations. Add to this not knowing much about the size/crowd for the Golf Tournament (assuming that is what is driving rates higher) it adds a new layer of unknown to the mix.

I would try to find something that is fully refundable up until a few days before your stay so that you can continue to try PRICELINE / HOTWIRE in the weeks ahead, but you're also protected should rates move higher. However, unfortunately most of the hotel rates in the $140-$160's that i'm seeing are all non-refundable, and to get the same hotel on a refundable basis is close to $200/nite.

This Best Western Premier has a $180 refundable rate and gets pretty good reviews, perhaps this would work for a back-up plan?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]