Hotwire Hotel: 2* Columbus (Worthington) Extended Stay America Columbus - Worthington

zipzlyder
By zipzlyder,
in

Amenities: Free Parking, Laundry Facility (self serve)

Booked it via the HOTWIRE link on this site. Total was $50.08 for one night.

I was pretty certain as to what I was going to get based on reading the reviews posted on Hotwire. Seeing as I stay in this vicinity several times during the year, I've scouted many of the hotel properties in Columbus North/Worthington/Polaris areas and stayed at number of them over the past few years. This Extended Stay America is located in the Campus View business/commercial park at High Street & I-270 which has several restaurants, a large movie theater and maybe 12 hotels including the Sheraton Suites (stayed there many times), DoubleTree, Days Inn, Homewood Suites, CourtYard, Motel 6, Red Roof, Residence Inn, Hyatt Place, etc. And, I've seen what appeared to be this same listing on HW in the past. So I stopped to check it out this past September and was pleased with what I saw (considering the price). Rooms have a kitchen, flat panel TV and looked to be recently updated. Standard room is queen bed, so I may have to ante up another $5 or so for a king. Hence I'm giving it a try instead of picking the very comfortable Sheraton Suites for $56+fee(via HW) or the adequate Ramada at $50+tax. If it goes well, I'll extend another two nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, tried to extend the stay for 2 additional nights, but the HW system only allowed 1 added night at $41. Called the hotel and they verified plenty of availability, suggesting I call HW regarding the 2 night extention seeing as they were not limiting it. So, I spoke with a very pleasent lady at HW who also was puzzled that she could only add one night. So, I ended up booking the nearby Sheraton Suites via HW for those two additional nights.

By the way, found that this Extended Stay America offers a $5.00/night upgrade to a king room and a $15.00 upgrade to a two queen room for HW bookings - and you can call ahead to reserve it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]