Priceline Hotel: bidding help

smacnamee
By smacnamee,
in

I am looking for a 3.5 or 4 star for 12/15 - one night only in Night for a Broadway show. I sussessfully bid on 4 star hotel (sheriton towers) in Oct for 110 but have currently gone up to 160 for 12/15 with no luck. Any thoughts on where my bid would need to be for a 3.5 to 4 star hotel at that time. I realize Dec will be more expensive tor a sat night. Thanx

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

I sussessfully bid on 4 star hotel (sheriton towers) in Oct...

It would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that the information can help other users... perhaps there is a user right now who has won for your dates, but similar to your previous win, didn't post it to the board. ;)

Which zone(s) did you include in your bidding up to $160?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well I am new to the betterbidding site since October but will be sure to post future successful bids on the site as I see how much of a help it can be. I have bid including ts,me, mw, hells kit, soho, cps so far in various combinations. I don't travel to Nyc often and don't know what the financial district, Msg, or Chelsea areas offer

Well I am new to the betterbidding site since October...

You joined the board in September (before your trip) ;)

You're likely looking at $200-$220 'give or take', depending upon if you add the Financial District (a little cheaper), choose a 3.5* vs. a 4* (less expensive for the former... more expensive for the latter), or stick with something in midtown (on the higher end of the rage if not a little over)

Financial District is a bit out of the way, and somewhat quiet (especially on the weekends), but as with most of NYC it's just a subway ride away (although it could take 20-25 minutes to get to midtown)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow I didn't realize the site would be so pushy. I bid on my trip in September andwent in October. Do I need to submit RECIEPTS. While I greatly appreciate the help on bidding a little more tactful approach would be nicer. Thanx for the insight. I will be sure to post my final price so I'm not belittled in future threads

Wow I didn't realize the site would be so pushy. I bid on my trip in September andwent in October. Do I need to submit RECIEPTS. While I greatly appreciate the help on bidding a little more tactful approach would be nicer. Thanx for the insight. I will be sure to post my final price so I'm not belittled in future threads

I'm sorry but I have to comment on this.

This site is free for anyone who wants to use it. The only exchange that is being asked is to use their link for research & bidding & to post your wins.

That is nothing compare to the 100s of $ I've saved over the years by using this site.

When someone does not exchange for the services by at least posting their wins but keeps asking for more help (at no charge) I find it is totally appropriate for the administrators to kindly remind them.

smacnamee, don't be offended, I understand you're new to this site. As you mentioned, you've already benefited from the wealth of information on here and it has not cost you a cent. I'm sure you will benefit more in the future. Please don't make thereuare feel guilty for reminding you what really keeps this board working & free for all of us to use.

Thanks thereuare for all you do. I really appreciate all you do & all other contributors to this site do :wub:

• 7 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]