Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Raleigh-Durham (Research Triangle Park) Radisson Research Triangle Park

tjaiz
By tjaiz,
in

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this property and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As it turns out, this is the old Governor's Inn which dates back to the 1970s and is currently undergoing a major up fit, which is both inconvenient and rather like putting lipstick on a pig. No way is this a 3.5* facility, DO NOT STAY HERE! The lobby reeked of bleach trying to mask old food smells, but I had no choice since I had prepaid on Priceline. The pneumatic "comfort-bed" Radisson was trying to brag about in the room literature is nonsense. My side of the bed did not inflate or deflate and was hard and uncomfortable. My wife inflated her side of the bed only to wake up in a hot dog bun with a backache the next morning because the air had leaked out. The "down" pillows were probably original to the property as they had all the support of a sack of feather dust. On an uncommonly warm evening the A/C didn't work and the room was stuffy all night. The hot water is unstable as I tried to dodge the spurts of cold water in the morning shower. Better off bidding on 3* properties in the Research Triangle Park - there's a Marriott Courtyard, Hyatt Place and Sheraton Four Points nearby that have to be better.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay here... fortunately it was only for one nite.

In the future if you have tangible things that are not right (A/C not working, a noticeable smell, bed not functioning, etc, etc) i would bring it to the attention of the hotel and see if they can rectify it... if not then call PRICELINE and see if they will let you out of the reservation OR can act on your behalf to resolve any issues with the hotel.

Thanks for the follow-up... hope your future trips are more satisfactory.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

We bid $40 and stayed there 4/19-4/20/13. This is not a 3.5 star facility. I totally agree with tjaiz. Don't stay here.

In fact our stay was so unsatisfactory I did complain to both Radisson and Priceline. Radisson at least gave me points on my account with them. Priceline reiterated that it is 3.5 stars based on their definition. To be honest if Priceline is going to stand behind their rating of this hotel, I won't trust them anymore and won't use their services.

We bid $40 and stayed there 4/19-4/20/13. This is not a 3.5 star facility.

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

Thanks for your post.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, and dates of your stay... you can still view all of this information by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page. Please share your wins as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner (ideally before the stay)

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]