Priceline Hotel: Failed Tijuana 3-2* $27

maverik
By maverik,
in

I'm looking for 3 nights starting on 12/12, either 1 or 2 stars. I'll be relying on public transit, that's why I wanted to have a basic idea where the hotels are mostly located. I won't like Hotwire, because they combine San Ysidro and further north Chula Vista as one zone, which is quite large.

When I ran a search on hotels.com, most of properties are located near San Ysidro crossing, while only 2 propperties are located near Otay Mesa crossing. I may be the first one to report the successful bid in the area!

Pick a point in the center of the zone and use that as the location at MAPS and HOTELS.com. Then filter out all star rated hotels except for 2* and 1* rated properties. This should give you an idea of what is offered in the area, but keep in mind that each company (even PRICELINE's "retail" and "name your own price" use a different universe of hotels from each other) so you won't necessarily see all the possibilities in a given area. If you need to be n a specific location within the zone then the opaque providers may not be the best option for this trip, although you may be able to use the filter/sort at MAPS and HOTELS.com in order to see what your options are closest to bus stops and other transit points, as well as how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further from a given location OR to go up/down in star rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I'll try again if I get another bonus. I thought I should report even a failed attempt for Tijuana, since I don't find anybody else tried it.

I got this Cyber Monday promo for $7/night discount. I sticked with my bid at $20+$7 bonus=$27 per night from 3*, 2.5*, then 2*, no success. I didn't even get any counter offer like 'bid again for $x more'. Knowing I can find a 1* hotels easily in Tijuana for less than $30 a night, I didn't bother bidding for 1*. I've tried Priceline many times for hotels in and out of N. America, I've never gotten any good deals from Priceline overseas.

Yes, of course I went to PRICELINE, by clicking the link found on all of admin's posts.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]