Priceline Hotel: 3* Houston (Reliant Park - Texas Medical Center - Greenway Plaza) Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant/Medical Center

whams1133
By whams1133,
in

Can anyone assist me with Houston Med Center/Reliant Stadium hotel success? I have been trying for 2 days and my bids are being rejected. This morning I added a $7 a day cyber coupon that expires today...($7 per night up to $70 will be added to your offer price).

Seems hotwire and priceline "express" are less than my bids. How is this possible?

I need a room from 11/27/12 thru 12/16/2012. But, have tried as few as 4 nights, 7 nights, and the 19 nights...all to be rejected.

HELP!!! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in adavance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

What star rating are you bidding? Can you give an example of a failed bid (with dates) that you have made and the HOTWIRE or PRICELINE express deal that is cheaper than what you have bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$35 - 11/27/12-12/1/12 increase bid to $47 - Reliant Park 2.5 star

$40 - 11/27/12-12/7/12 increase bid to $52 - Reliant Park 2.5 star

Todays...Reliant Park 2.5 star

$35 - 11/27/12-12/1/12 If you are willing to raise your price by $12 to $47 per room, per night, you can try the same request again right now.

$39 - 11/27/12-12/1/12 increase bid $13 to $52 per room, per night, you can try the same request again right now.

We're sorry, but we can't accept your offer of $43.36 ($37 per night plus $6.36 per night Bonus Cash) for a hotel room in the Houston, TX area. 2.5 star

We're sorry, but we can't accept your offer of $41.36 ($35 per night plus $6.36 per night Bonus Cash) for a hotel room in the Houston, TX area. 2.0 star

Not sure what I am doing wrong...added additional bids that were denied so you can help!

You are not doing anything wrong. Unfortunately, these dates require a higher bid. If you got a counter-offer of $52 when you bid $39, then the required amount for a winning bid is somewhere between $52 and $39. You're likely quite close, and I'd continue higher by $2-3 at a time for the next round of bidding.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps a bit nerve-wracking, note that as you bid more frequently it does get a bit easier. As well, since you needed a hotel for today that adds to the anxiety... bidding a week or two ahead of time makes it a bit easier since there is no feeling of 'i have to win now'. Hopefully you find the savings worth the time/effort and will find this hotel to be a great value for the price paid.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the dates you purchased so we can make sure we have them correct in the topic title and that this win appears correctly in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]