Priceline Hotel: 4* Northern VA (Airport IAD Dulles) Marriott Wstfd

trvl3
By trvl3,
in

Alert to thereuare: This bid uncovered an important change in star ratings for Northern Virginia--up until very recently, there was no 4* in the Dulles area, but this hotel has been reclassified by Priceline from 3* to 4*. Now there are 4*'s in two Northern Virginia areas, here and Fairfax.

Total charges $68.09. Entrance and both re-entrances to Priceline made through Savingsbarn.com link.

1. Bid 4* $40 Dulles -- rejected.

2. Bid 4* $45 added free rebid area Falls Church East (nothing above 2*) -- rejected. Exited and re-entered.

3. Bid 4* $50 Dulles and Manassas (another free rebid area, nothing above 2.5*) -- rejected.

4. Bid 4* $53 adding Falls Church East back in. Priceline allowed bid due to new combination (thanks for teaching me about this, thereuare), even though I had already bid in all 3 areas. But rejected. Exited and re-entered again.

5. Bid 4* $55 Dulles and Sterling (another free rebid area, nothing over 2.5*.) Won Westfields Marriott in Dulles area.

I have stayed at both of the hotels in Northern Virginia classified by Priceline as 4*'s, and I think the Marriott Westfields' promotion to 4* is well deserved. It is a spectacularly plush hotel with distinctive Old Virginia architecture and a secluded, wooded location, much more resembling a destination resort in atmosphere than a typical Marriott.

It's a little more distant from Dulles than most of the other airport area hotels, but not that much, and a little out of the way--you have to look for it inside an office park. Most of its business seems to be onsite conferences. Still, it's actually less than 5 minutes away from several other major chain hotels on major routes.

I found it much preferable to the Fairfax area 4*, the Hyatt Fair Lakes, which struck me as a just OK 3* at best.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]