Hotwire Hotel: What happened to all the nice hotels in Maui that used to show up on hotwire?

jarnism
By jarnism,
in

I've booked using my hotel stay in maui using hotwire for that last 3 times and every time I have gotten a pretty good deal on hotels such as hyatt and sheraton at the black rock. I'm now looking to book a room in January and there's barely anything good available. It doesn't make too much sense because January isn't exactly the hottest month to be in maui. There's a whole lot of 2-3 star hotels and few 4 star condos it seems like that are going for over 320$. I don't think I've ever paid more then 160$ for a good 4-5 star hotel. Anyone know what's up with this? have they just not rolled out deals for after new years possibly?

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread with the dates of your stay and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have noticed this as well. Reading this board I have seen people getting 4* and resort level hotels for between 140 and 200 in Maui. I have been trying PRICELINE's name your own price feature everyday for the past week and have gone up to 250 and nothing. I am also trying to book a hotel in January of 2013. I am not sure whats going on either. I have heard its the height of the tourist season?

In any case, know that you are not the only one having issues.

• 3 weeks later...

i am having the same issues as well...i've bid up to 170 and nothing.

If you need help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC for your own trip and include your dates of travel as well as the star rating, zone and amounts of any previous bids you have already made.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]