Priceline Hotel: To wait or not to wait

Fuzzybrent
By Fuzzybrent,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll continue the discussion for your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, so that is the trade-off between needing to accept any hotel vs. being able to take a guess as to the property (and know the amenities offered if, for example, you're looking for something specific like a Pool or Complimentary Breakfast included)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there. If PRICELINE, did you want to first try for a 3.5* up to your maximum bid OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking at bidding on a 3-3.5 star room in the plaza/crown center area.

There are two zones with similar names to what you have posted:

Country Club Plaza, MO

KC Downtown - Crown Center, MO

Are you looking to bid BOTH of these zones or just one of them? (if just one please clarify which)

My goal is at least a 3* or better.

You might be able to get a 3.5* or even 4* hotel within your $60 budget, to confirm you prefer a less expensive 3* to a move expensive 3.5*/4*, even if the higher rated hotels are still within your budget, correct?

Please confirm/clarify the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

It's your stay so please clarify exactly what you would like to bid for:

I would prefer country club plaza but would do either zone.

Try for both zones?

Would prefer to stay at 3.5-4* and raise my budget just a bit.

Do you want to try for a 4* first? If so, up to what about for a 4* until you lower your star rating and try for a 3.5*? Up to what amount for a 3.5* before lowering your star rating to the 3* level?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

I think you're going to have more luck with Downtown - HOTWIRE has a 4* w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower for $87 (the price you see may vary slightly) which would likely be the Sheraton. You may be able to get a 4* in that zone a tad over your budget (you could and should try try $45-60, but I'm guessing it may take $65-75)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

It's your stay so please clarify exactly what you would like to bid for:

2x

I would prefer country club plaza but would do either zone.

Try for both zones?
???

Would prefer to stay at 3.5-4* and raise my budget just a bit.

Do you want to try for a 4* first? If so, up to what about for a 4* until you lower your star rating and try for a 3.5*? Up to what amount for a 3.5* before lowering your star rating to the 3* level?
???

When bidding 4* you have FOURTEEN re-bid zones, at the 3.5* level you have TWELVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown and Country Club Plaza...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63

If the above is rejected you can close the browser, use a link on the board to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try at the 3.5* level. Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]