Priceline Hotel: Help for bidding in LA/Hollywood area

what?
By what?,
in

Hi, hoping someone could help me here. I'm looking to book a 4* hotel room from Dec 5 - 9 in the Hollywood, downtown LA or Beverly Hills area. Budget is up to $115 or so.

I've followed the strategies forum experts have posted for others, so I'm managing to bid multiple times each day. However, I've bid from $85 to $115 today - but still no luck. I've seen other members with similar travel dates post their wins for the same area (4* as well) for about $90-110 per night.

Is it just a matter of luck? Any suggestions or hints?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, if you have bid up to $115 for a 4* in these areas and the bids have not been accepted, the only options are to look at lower star ratings, adjust budget or look at nearby zones. Rates may come down between now and your stay, but there is no way to know for sure, and if rates are higher during these particular dates for a particular event (convention, etc) rates could stay around these levels or head higher. In terms of what other posters have gotten, if the date/s are not exactly the same, then the amount required for a win can vary significantly in comparison. Would you like to try to bid moderately higher, or look at 3.5*/different zones?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]