Hotwire Hotel: 3* Toledo (Perrysburg - Northwood) Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg

zipzlyder
By zipzlyder,
in

Amenities: Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service), High-Speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower.

Listed as a 3 Star for $55 (total is $67.66). Hmmm - will it really be a 3 star hotel when I get there? Or will it be the typical 2 star older vintage HIE! Stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it certainly wasn't an HIE during it's prior life - because the HIE brand was not established when the facility was built 40-50 years ago. However, renovations and continued upkeep resulted in an okay place to bed down for the night. There are two floors, but no elevator. Didn't use the pool, but it looked fine. Lobby area and associated breakfast area was also fine. Plenty of room for breakfast and a very good layout. Typical HIE pancake machine and hot cinamon rolls, a rotating hot item (it was sausage gravy + biscuits that morning), and all other stuff you expect, including raison bread for toasting. Room was clean, matresses were quite firm (great for me but my wife was not comfortable), flat panel TV, coffee maker, no mini-frig or MW. Bathroom was pretty small with very little sink counter top. Shower head was fine; towels were passable, but they didn't absorb very well at all.

Overall, I considered it to be a tad over priced. A 2-1/2 star rating would be a stretch - definately not a 3 star propery. I would give it a 3.5 "approval rating". It's in somewhat better shape than the Hawthorn Suites in Holland and much nicer than the Super 8 in Maumee.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]