Insurance and GPS

thais fernandes
By thais fernandes,
in

Hi there! I've never used Hotwire or Priceline for renting a car. I'd like to know whether is it easy to contract an insurance when I pick the car up. Will that price be the same as if I had rented the car normally or is there any risk of a trap? Many people prefer to rely on credit card coverage but I'm always affraid to do so, especially abroad (I'm from Brazil, I must say), because I don't want to have any kind of trouble.

Another thing: is that insurance offered by Hotwire exclusive to USA residents? Or does it apply to foreigners as well?

Thanks in advance :) .

Thais

The car rental company will be more than happy to offer you insurance as it is a big profit center for them. You would

I don't see anything that restricts the insurance offered by HOTWIRE to US residents, but as with any insurance policy you should call them to confirm what, and who, is eligible to be covered.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]