Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Newark - Meadowlands (Meadowlands - Rutherford) Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel

boredstudent3
By boredstudent3,
in

thanks for having this site, betterbidding. helped me out the last 2 years in a row.

i tried getting secaucus, NJ as the previous 2 years i stayed there and just saw that the Courtyard by Marriot in Secaucus (the hotel i stayed in 2 yrs running) was recently renovated in 2011.

no dice...went up to $125 and still nothing. i called it quits and looked in the Courtyard by Marriot in Lyndhurst, NJ which was 10 mins away. renovated in 2008. it is the only 3 star hotel according to the masterlist on this forum.

started at $80 and went to $88 and got offered to increase bid. i didn't. i went back at $90 and got upgraded to this hotel b/c it's 3.5 stars.

i'm a SPG member and sheraton hotels are part of SPG chain/group...only bad thing is that no free wifi in the rooms...have to pay $9.95 if you want it. i wouldn't have minded the marriot hotel as there's free wifi in the room.

$90 (bid) + $21.65 (taxes/fees) = $111.65 total

the Sheraton site wanted $129 + taxes/charges = $148.35 total

i saved 25%. thanks guys.

i'm a SPG member and sheraton hotels are part of SPG chain/group...only bad thing is that no free wifi in the rooms...have to pay $9.95 if you want it. i wouldn't have minded the marriot hotel as there's free wifi in the room.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby and in the past, they had free wifi, but it may be limited to one hour. This property has a club lounge on the top floor with complimentary continental breakfast, as an SPG member, you might want to ask for an upgrade.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]