Hotwire Hotel: ID for 2* in Alexandria Old Town

tmbc
By tmbc,
in

Can someone help ID the following property that is coming up on Hotwire?

2* property in Alexandria Old Town with kitchenette, laundry (nothing else)

this is offered at a price of $54 / night for 2 adults, but not offered for 2 adults, 2 kids

Any thoughts?

thanks,

tmbc

Yes, the trip is for my husband and I to take our two children (ages 6 & 8) to see DC. We plan on spending most of our time around the Smithsonian and downtown sights. I was able to book the Capitol Hill Suites for Sept 28-Oct 2. The rate was $52 dollars through Hotwire. We are arriving on Sept 24th, so I we also need something for the 24th-28th. Thought perhaps Alexandria would be a good contrast to staying downtown. We are planning to use public transit (no car), so we would like something that is somewhat convienent to the metro. Other than that, not too picky. The kids can sleep on a sofabed if one is available in the room.

Thanks for your help and ideas.

tmbc

Please provide the details of yoru previous win as a NEW TOPIC... nobody would know to look for your previous results in this thread.

Please also include the amenties that were shown before purchase, which you can still see by going to Hotwire and clicking on the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Am trying to book DC accomodations for a family of 4 for Sat 9/24- Wed 9/28

Have tried the following:

(target area) Alexandria mt.Vernon -- $62

added Downtown @ $67

added Capitol Hill @ 73

added Dupont Circle @ 78

added Georgetown @ 83

all bids were rejected with no counter offers.

Will try again in 3 days, starting the process over at $80 with $5 increments. Is it likely that more rooms might open up as the dates get closer? Not too picky about location, but would love to get the Residence Inn, which is why we are shooting for 2.5*, rather than 2*. We are also worried that a 2* might be off the beaten path, and we won't have a vehicle, and plan on using public transit/taxi to get around.

I'll post another topic if I manage to get something next time. Hotwire prices are all very high for these dates as well. Is anyone aware of an event that might be creating demand? Perhaps we may need to move out to a suburb such as silver spring or springfied and take the Metro into town each day.

tmbc

• 3 weeks later...

This 2* in Alexandria is likely the Extended Stay Alexandria. I just booked it on hotwire from 9/11 to 9/17 after many futile attempts to find a 2.5* or better on priceline in DC or Arlington for my limit price of $76. (A gov't maximum I could spend.)

The amenties are cooking and washer/dryer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]