Priceline Hotel: Resort Las Vegas (Summerlin) J.W. Marriott Las Vegas Resort And Spa

cheaptrav
By cheaptrav,
in

I used the multiple re-bid method to book this hotel. I was trying for a 4 star north las vegas strip, as I normally do. When checking the priceline areas to indentify re-bids Summerlin has no 4 or 5 star properties listed. This should have been an easy free re-bid for my desired 4 star north strip hotel. Instead priceline booked me in the J.W. Marriott which is 15 mins from the strip. When I called priceline customer service to get an explanation on this I was told that the J.W. is considered a "resort" and that by selecting 4 stars and up the resort properties are included. Of course they couldn't offer me a refund or credit but the customer service reps were very polite. This is tricky of priceline as its not clearly indicated that 4 star equals "resort" anywhere in the bidding process.

In short, if you're using multiple bids to get a 4 star (or 5 star) hotel in vegas don't use the Summerlin area!

I may end up staying at this property but I won't be happy about it.

I used the PRICELINE link on this website to make my booking. Please do this to help support the site.

To the site administrator - is there another way to get this info out? I am an experienced priceline bidder in the Las Vegas area and I've never seen this before. How can I share this info with others in a place where it will be more visible? Perhaps this info is already listed on the site somewhere that I didn't see?

Sorry to hear you received a hotel in a zone that you didn't intend.

The issue is that the star rating you select (any star rating... not just when selecting 4* hotels) that is the minimum that you're willing to accept, not the absolute star rating. Therefore, your 4* bid (or any star rating you have chosen) can always be upgraded to a higher rated property. If you look at the suggested bidding strategies posted on the board there is almost always a disclaimer "You have 'x' re-bid zones when bidding 4*... Summerlin is NOT one of them"

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... fortunately it's just for one nite and hopefully you can make this work for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]