11/21 - 11/26 SFO

ndeshmukh
By ndeshmukh,
in

I am landing at SFO at 10:35 PM. I was wondering what happens if my flight is late. If I book my rental with Priceline for 11:00 PM, and I get Alamo, National or Enterprise and I get delayed by an hours those counter will close. Should I be booking for a time of 12:30AM (after midnight)? Does that guarantee I will get Avis, Budget or Hertz (they are open all night)? Can I take the car early if my flight is not late, or will I have to wait?

Also would I be charged for additional driver fee for spouse at SFO if booked using opaque priceline offer? It seems that by law there can be no additonal driver fee for spouse in California. Just wanting to confirm that it still applies for the rental car companies Priceline uses.

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is direct PRICELINE (current at time of posting):

Delayed or Cancelled and Rescheduled Flights:

Priceline's rental car partners will hold your reservation up to 24 hours after your scheduled pick-up time if your flight is delayed or cancelled and rescheduled.

Rental days are calculated on a 24-hour clock, and that clock starts when you pick up your car. If you arrive late due to delayed or rescheduled flights, some rental car companies will extend your rental by the same amount of time. Make sure you review all of the details of your reservation, including pick-up and drop off times, when you arrive at the rental counter.

If you are concerned about a delayed flight you could book for midnite pick-up... i don't see any issue in picking up the vehicle an hour early. In the rare instance they don't have any cars on the lot you could potentially have to wait an hour for your official pick-up time, but usually car rental companies have a sufficient number of vehicles on the lot in order to fill and walk-up customers that may present themselves.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]