Priceline Hotel: 3* Oahu (Waikiki City Central) Aqua Waikiki Wave

moneymiser
By moneymiser,
in

I'm staying 1 night starting Dec 10th, am looking to stay in the Waikiki area but haven't had luck winning a bid on Priceline. Here's what I've tried:

zone & failed bid for 4* in Waikiki Beach Area Zone

7 x 125

71 x 135

72 xx (screwed up)

73 x 140

712 x 150

713 x 145

723 x 155

zone & failed bid for 4* in Waikiki Marina Area

9 x 100

91 x 110

92 x 115

93 x 120

97 x 125

98 x 130

912 x 135

I was hoping for the Hawaiian Prince hotel. Looks like Hotwire has it or another 4* for $165. How much do you think I have to go up to?

I used the links on the board.

The Hawaii Prince is in PRICELINE's Marina zone, and i'm not currently seeing any 4* hotels offered in this zone when searching for your date, Dec 10... are you still seeing this on your own search? If so, are you searching for more than one room or for something other than the default 2adults/0children? What are the amenities associated with this property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I saw 4* as available to bid on in the Marina Zone.

Priceline doesn't check availability when determining which zones/star ratings you can select... if you can place a checkmark next to a zone at a given star level it simply means that they have a 'name your own price' contract with a hotel in that zone, not necessarily that they have inventory at a hotel of that star rating for your date.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com are you able to find anything close to the prices that you're bidding that is fully refundable? You could then book one of these as a back-up while you continue to try PRICELINE / HOTWIRE in the weeks ahead. While it appears the $179 rate at the Prince is non-refundable, they do have a $189/nite rate that is refundable.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... you can then report your win using the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower left of the page (it's gone now since we have used it to reflect your purchase... it disappears once used)

Glad to see you found something that will work for your needs.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Gotcha. Sorry about that. I'm having trouble finding the list of amenities..do I need to create a Hotwire account? I used the "Sign in to Your Account" optoin on left of the page that came up after I clicked My Account. I only see one entry under My Trips, and when I click for details, I see the regular confirmation page (no list of amenities).

Where am I going wrong?

That's the right area...

A current search of HOTWIRE for your dates above shows a 3* hotel in this zone with no amenities listed... is it possible that you bought the hotel and no amenities were shown? (or do you specifically remember seeing amenities listed before your purchase?)

Thanks in advance for the follow-up.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]