CA Palm Desert Holiday Inn Express

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Do not confuse with the Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City, which is in the same Priceline zone (Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert,...).

Unlike Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Select that are usually old and tired, the "Express" properties are modern and pleasant, and offer free amenities.

The room was very nice and spacious, with two queen beds, a desk with two chairs, an armchair and dresser. Based on reviews I had read elsewhere, I asked for a room away from the pool (noise) and was gladly given one. It was very quiet and had a nice balcony.

The bathroom was OK but the vanity area was a bit cramped. Soap and shampoo provided. The "closet" (alcove with hangers) was also small.

Everything was clean and in good working order.

There is a small workout facility and a laundry room.

Outside were a large pool with lounge chairs around, and a spa.

Free: parking, wireless Internet, expanded breakfast

The immediate area has everything you need: supermarkets, restaurants, banks. Startbucks across the street.

Will gladly stay here again.

On second visit got a room with a connecting door to the adjacent room. Connecting doors (in any hotel, no matter how fancy) are not soundproof. I could hear the folks next door like as if they were in my room. The neighbor was a sports freak who had ESPN on around the clock.

Unless you need one, always ask for a room with NO CONNECTING DOOR!

• 3 years later...

Even though my wife and I are frugal-minded, we usually opt to stay in one of the resorts in the area at a Hotwire Rate. Well, we decided to save even more this time by staying at the Holiday Inn -- and I'm glad we did!

-- The room was clean and comfortable. We asked for a first floor room off the pool and they were happy to accommodate.

-- The room had a large (empty!) fridge that was great for a cooler full of snacks.

-- The location was very central. Lots of restaurants and supermarkets. Unlike the resorts, this hotel is located on Route 111, the main artery that connects the desert communities.

-- The free breakfast was AMAZING! Sausage, cereals, eggs, bagels, muffins, toast, cinnamon rolls, etc. etc. So nice to not have to spend money. It was perfect!

While this isn't a romantic getaway hotel, it is clean, comfortable, and modern. I would definitely stay here again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]