Priceline Hotel: 4* Pike Place Market February 1-6???

LindseyG696
By LindseyG696,
in

My husband and I are planning a trip to Seattle February 1-6. I'm trying to bid for a hotel on Priceline to get more bang for our buck. I'm looking for a 4 star or above in the Pike Place Market area. We're not hotel snobs but if we can get a deal on a nicer place why not?! I'm having a hard time getting a price accepted. I realize these are nice hotels in a popular area, but February is usually a very slow time. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a convention or special event I'm not aware of during that time? Am I booking too far in advance? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

There may be a convention or other event going on during these dates - city or convention center websites should offer calendars for what's going on in the city during the time.

What bids have you made so far (in terms of star rating, zone, highest bid)? Additionally, what would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I checked visitseattle.org's calendar and did not see anything. I have been bidding for several days starting as low as $70 and most recently $100. February is a slow time and based on my research those are fair prices. Should I be bidding higher? Or should I wait until closer to the dates? I'm not very patient : )

I am willing to wait if that will get us a better deal. Am I wrong to think I should be getting a relatively reasonable rate since we're visiting in February? Or does this not make a difference? How much is too much to be paying per night for that time of year? Ballpark of course, I'm not holding anyone to a number. Thank you!!!

On HOTWIRE the Space Needle area seems to be quite a bit less expensive than the Pike Place area. They are very close. Maybe you could also consider the Space Needle area when bidding?

HOTWIRE can be better than PRICELINE about averaging. That is why splitting your PRICELINE bid into the weekend and week days could help.

While it often is possible to get hotels many months ahead of time, one has to keep in mind the purpose of PRICELINE - to sell rooms that otherwise would be unoccupied. This far ahead, it makes sense to explore the lower rates. Closer to the date is when to get more aggressive in bidding.

Have you found the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins above in the Tools area? You can check to see if others have reported any success for your dates. You also can check the same time frame last year. While there seems to be a general increase in hotel rates, last year's information still might be interesting to you.

Romelle

Rates are currently not that high which is why i think it may just be a bit early. While a LOT can change in the next 10 weeks, my current guess is that a 4* should be had at roughly $90 on the low end of the range and $135 on the upper end of the range.

You may want to use MAPS and HOTELS.com of find something that is acceptable and fully refundable up until a few days before your stay... this way you're protected should rates rise from here, as well, you have the flexibility to be patient and continue to try PRICELINE / HOTWIRE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 10 months later...

Glad you found something that works for your plans.

To confirm, did you receive this by bidding on PRICELINE? (or HOTWIRE, PRICELINE EXPRESS, or a hotel direct purchase where you knew the name beforehand?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]