Priceline Hotel: Durham hotel fail $44-65

tignor
By tignor,
in

Hey there. Just tried bidding on a room for 1/26/13 starting at $44 and increasing to $65 by 3 dollar bids using rebidding zones and the PRICELINE link on this board. No success. Will try again later. We have a cancelable room reserved and have used PRICELINE before in this area getting the Marriott at $69, so I'm hoping I can get it again. We don't want to stay in any other zones.

Sorry. 3.5 star. There is a 3 star in that area (Millennium Hotel Durham) and we've stayed there before off a PRICELINE win and it was just gross, really want to avoid it if at all possible. I reviewed it on this site.

I'll try again tomorrow with my $3 bids (using the PRICELINE links on this site) starting a little higher and going a little higher. I believe the Marriott Convention Center is on HOTWIRE at $90 so I'm thinking I can get it in the $75-80 range on Priceline. If I am still unsuccesful, I'll consider bidding in Chappel Hill, but we are seeing a show at the DPAC and want to stay close. :D

Thanks!

Started at $50 today, went to $71. No bites.

There is a hotel on HOTWIRE for $90 that I'm still thinking is the Marriott Convention Center. We have a Comfort Inn room reserved for $74 (that's cancelable, if I cancel and then book with no refunds or cancelation, it's only $54). I'm thinking I'm close on getting PRICELINE to bite. I don't want to book through HOTWIRE, though, so if I get up to $90 and still nothing, we'll just stay at the Comfort Inn.

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of the Comfort Inn... please check for and use the links there to begin your future hotel direct travel purchases.

You may also want to check out our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see if there is anything else near the same rate as the Comfort Inn that may be better or more convenient for your plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My husband really wants to stay at the Marriott Convention Center because we can walk to the DPAC and we know the area. So we are going to book directly and use the links here if possible. Thanks though! You guys have really helped me out before and I highly recommend your system and will use again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]