Priceline Hotel: Need Help Bidding on 4* or Resort in Waikiki

moneymiser
By moneymiser,
in

I tried several times to book something for 4* or Resort in the Waikiki Beach Area zone, but everything is rejected.

I'm looking at 2 dates, for one night each: checkins on Nov 28th & Dec 10th. I'd like to get a better hotel on 28th than 10th, but I haven't looked at locations for lower class hotels to figure out if they're near the beach or not so I've been restricting myself to Resort or 4*.

First attempts were to get a resort for 1 night, check in Nov 28th, here is my attempt history

zone #s and failed bid:

7 x 90

71 x 95

72 x100

73 x 110

78 x 125

712 x 105

713 x 120

718 x 130

Tried 4*:

zone #s and failed bid

7 x 90

71 x 95

72 x 105

73 x 120

712 x 115

713 x screwed up and tried this twice

723 x 126

7123 x 130

I then tried 4* for 1 night, check in Dec 10th), but all attempts still rejected.

zone #s and failed bid:

7 x 125

71 x 135

72 xx (screwed up again)

73 x 140

712 x 150

713 x 145

723 x 155

I used the links on the board.

Any help someone can provide? I've become really frustrated after trying all these combinations last night. I guess they're either out of the cheaper roomes or have raised prices...

Please post only one stay per thread, we'll use this thread for the nite of 11/28, please start a NEW TOPIC for your 12/10 stay.

Are you willing to bid up to $165/nite as that is often a common winning bid in this zone? I also see on HOTWIRE what i believe to be the Hilton Waikiki Beach or the Waikiki Parc for $168/nite... would either of these be of interest?

Another option would be to consider the Marina zone, especially for this first nite if location isn't that important to you for this nite of the trip.

Your thoughts?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With PRICELINE there will be no way to target any specific property... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone.

I can't determine what the right number is, but using your THREE re-bid zones at the 4* level you can easily bid up to whatever amount you're comfortable with... what would be your maximum bid for a 4* hotel in this zone at this time? Are other zones at the 4* level acceptable as well?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ideally, I would like to bid no more than $150 for a hotel that's close to the beach and around 4*. I think the marina area is a bit far from the beach, so I haven't been considering it. I guess I'll continue bidding up to the $150 range and see what I come up with. I'll continue to use the PRICELINE links on the board.

I see that a few other people have won hotels for much less than $150...I guess the reason I'm not seeing it is because Priceline isn't offering the same deals right now?

Each hotel sets their own prices based upon occupancy levels (ie- supply/demand) for any particular set of dates... occupancy may be higher (which translates to higher room rates) for your dates vs. when others have won for less.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board..

To add...

I also just found the Marriott Waikiki for $199/nite and this rate is refundable up until a few days before your trip (always double check the terms during the check-out process)... you could book this as a back-up to protect yourself from rates moving higher from here, while still giving you the flexibility to 'better' this deal up until a few days before your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]