Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Orange County (Anaheim - Disneyland South) Best Western Raffles

the2grays
By the2grays,
in

Looking for a quick and inexpensive Disneyland-area property for 11/25-11/28. Based on the amenities below and a price of $44/night, I'm guessing this is going to be the Best Western Raffles. Thoughts? Seems like a great price too.

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

In-room accessibility

Also features an 85% Hotwire review recommendation.

Of course I used the Better Bidding HOTWIRE links to search!

Because I trust the Better Bidding lists so much, I went ahead and booked this under the assumption that it was the Best Western Raffles. You (we) were right again!

Our stay is 11/25-11/28, and we scored a reservation at $44/night. After purchasing, I did confirm that this property charges an additional "resort fee" of $12.81 a night. It seems that staying anywhere near Disneyland will incur a similar fee. I wish they would just include it in the price, though.

Based on reviews at Hotwire and Trip Advisor, I think this will be a nice stay for the price.

Thanks!

We were considering this as well.

Unfortunately there is good news and bad news.

The good news according to their webpage there will be no resort fee for the month of November.

The bad news is this is due to the major renovations happening at the hotel. Also there is no parking available at the hotel during the construction.

This is a quote from their webpage...

Best Western Plus Raffles is thrilled to be continuing with the final stages of our $2 million dollar Exterior renovation in November and want to offer you "MAGICAL SAVINGS" while we improve the Hotel!

If you stay with us during the month of November you can get the LOW RATE of $69!

You can book any room types we offer (Suites included) while availability lasts

Remember- NO cars will be permitted to park here during November

Please ask the front desk about shuttle options to all Major Theme Parks while you visit here

If you don't need a car while visiting the Happiest Place on Earth-call our Hotel directly and SAVE BIG!

NO RESORT FEE CHARGED DURING HOTEL IMPROVEMENTS

Bookings must be made through hotel directly. Please contact the front desk and book at this low rate today!

Construction is scheduled to start

November 1-11th and November 18-30th 2012

Daily construction will be between the hours of:

9:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Saturday

No construction is scheduled on Sundays.

Ouch. Do you have a URL for this information? I've been on here (http://www.bestwesternrafflesinn.com/) many times over the past few days, and I simply don't see it. Based on the site's information, I have no reason to assume that my stay is going to be interrupted with the inability to park on-site (or other issues).

Please let me know. They should not be advertising on Hotwire if they are not going to list that sort of info up front. I'll have to give them/Hotwire a piece of my mind if you are correct.

Thanks for the heads up!

Gah! Fount it. Buried on a "Specials" page? What is up with that?

I'm calling them now.

===============================

UPDATE: Looks like you're right about the parking. Fortunately, they have confirmed with me that I am guaranteed a parking space because I booked before a certain date -- apparently they have limited parking rather than no parking. I guess it's a net WIN for me because we won't be there during construction (Disneyland, baby!) and it looks like they aren't going to charge a resort fee either (and if they do, you can bet I'm going to raise a stink).

Thanks for the information. I'd hat to have had to deal with that upon arrival.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]