Priceline Hotel: Richmond Downtown 4* Sept 28-Oct1

goofysillygirl
By goofysillygirl,
in

I'm looking for a bidding strategy for downtown Richmond on Sept 28-Oct1 I looked on Priceline and it looks like the average price is 143.00 per night for a four star plus hotel. There are 6 other regions in Richmond, none of which offer 4 star other than downtown so I'd think I'd be able to rebid quite a bit. The most I'd want to pay a night is around $80.00. Can you give me a bidding strategy? Thanks!

Before suggesting a bidding strategy at the 4* level, i will add that i think the 3 stars in this zones come pretty cheaply... how much more is a 4* worth to you than a 3*?

If you much prefer the 4* that's fine and we'll just suggest a strategy to bid that, but i think the 4* in this are may come richly while the 3* come inexpensively, so i wouldn't want you to bid too high for a 4* if a 3* woulc be had for half the price... but it's up to you.

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, upon inspection of your actual dates i'm finding a few hotels sold-out for these dates.... i would expect this to be a tough win. At the 4* level you have six re-bid zones, at the 3* level you have two.

I would begin as follows:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60.

Let us know how the above goes and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]