Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Millenium UN

dtjmixkk
By dtjmixkk,
in

Hi,

The room is 4 **** and it is for tomorow 16th check in.....check out next day 17th. It is me and my wife's 17th anniversary and we decided to stay a night in NY and enjoy ourselves. What would you recommend on a last minute reservation, have any 4**** suggestions? I want to pay max 250 total for the booking, so i guess a bid price of about $200? Don;t mind paying this much as long as the hotel is worth it. I am new to this so any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

The above hotel is a match for the Millenium UN so that is the most likely outcome.

Hotwire also shows a 4* in the MTC zone ($214/nite) which may be the Sheraton Manhattan... at last report the Sheraton Manhattan did not have a hi-speed internet icon, but did in the past; the property i'm currently seeing has the same amenties as the Sheraton Manhattan including the Hi-Speed Internet icon.

There is a also a 4* in the Time Square zone which our best guess is the Millenium Broadway ($183/nite).

I think all of the above hotels are fine, with the Millenium UN having a little worse off location than the other two (if the price was lower it would be worth it, but it's the most expensive option, and therefore not the best value). I would take your pic from the other two 4* properties or, if you're a bit more flexible in the actual hotel you receive, try to beat the above prices by using Priceline (if you'd like to go that route let us know and we'll suggest a bidding strategy to try).

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi I checked out the Millenium and it seems pretty nice. One question though, is the millenium broadway the same as the millenium UN? also is there any way I can ensure that I receive this hotel? Are there any other hotels that are 4**** with the following description: Midtown East (Midtown) - Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Tennis Nearby, Business Center in this specified area? Is there anywhere I can find more info on this specific hotel? Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

Two Different Properties... one is on the east side near the river, the other in midtown:

Millenium Broadway Reviews

Millenium UN Plaza Reviews

You're buying an opaque property, so you can't be 100% certain of the hotel you will receive until after your purchase, and there are no guarantees. However, a pool is rare in NYC so i would be quite surprised if the MTE hotel is not the Millenium UN.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Glad it went as expected.

I would try to see if you can get "as high up" as possible as the views will be best there. Tell them upon check-in that "it is our anniversary so the best you can do with room assignment would be appreciated... we'll go with your judgement of whatever you think is best".

This let's the check-in clerk know it's a special occaision and also shows that you trust and respect their judgement... hard to give somebody a bad room after they leave it in your hands.

What was the price you ended up paying as shown on the original Hotwire screen? (ie-before taxes and fees)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]