TPA Tampa Standard Alamo

berya
By berya,
in

Won a bid on priceline. Standard car for $11 per day ($303 total with taxes for 15 days) 11/4-11/18/2012, TAMPA (tpa), Alamo. Was bidding for most of last week for mid, standard, full, prem, conv, luxury. Standard bid was rejected at 9, 10, 11, 12... Looking at the rental prices from hotwire and car rentals if I bid $13 per day on priceline and it was accepted it would have been just a little less than I could have just booked on hotwire or car rentals without the bidding. So I stopped bidding for 3/4 days. Just searched again and the price on hotwire/car rentals for standard and full dropped. I went back to priceline and bid $11 and it was accepted right away. With taxes and fees for 15 days it came out to $303. Probably should have tried to bid $10 again but was afraid the price would be gone. At the end got a good price but didn't really save that much... Priceline bidding $303 total. Hotwire/Car rentals would have been $339 for same deal by booking directly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]