Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* DC (Georgetown - Foggy Bottom) Westin Georgetown

wolfpack45
By wolfpack45,
in

I am looking to stay in the Georgetown-Foggy Bottom area December 28-30. There are two hotels that I am trying to decide between the 3-1/2* or 4* hotel and was wondering if anyone could help ID them. The prices and amenities are:

3-1/2* at $111/night with smoke free, fitness center, Restaurant, Business center, High-speed internet

4* at $82/night with Fitness center, Restaurant, Business center, High-speed internet

I am curious why a 4* is cheaper than a 3-1/2* so if anyone has any insight as to which either hotel is it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am curious why a 4* is cheaper than a 3-1/2*...

Because each hotel sets their own prices based upon occupancy levels as their own property. The easiest example to understand is an example where there is nothing major happening in the area but a 3.5* hotel has a large wedding party during your dates and is taking up half of their rooms... the 3.5* might have a higher rate given that they're almost full, while all other hotels in the area (including the 4* hotels) have low occupancy since nothing happening in town and therefore set rates more aggressively.

3-1/2* at $111/night with smoke free, fitness center, Restaurant, Business center, High-speed internet

4* at $82/night with Fitness center, Restaurant, Business center, High-speed internet

I'm not seeing the 4* hotel currently offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates, but for the 3.5* (and the 4* if you're still seeing it)... if you go back to HOTWIRE and click the SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The occupancy level affecting price makes sense I hadn't really thought about that. I decided on the 3-1/2* this afternoon and it ended up being The Westin. I have never stayed at a Westin but this one looks nice and I am happy with the price. I used the HOTWIRE links from this site for the booking and when I booked it this afternoon the 4* was $82 but now I see that it is $95 if it matters.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the win! One of the trademarks of the Westin brand is their 'heavenly beds' which are some of the best in the business... you should have a very comfortable nite's sleep!

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Went back and checked my account and the full list of amenities are:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]