Priceline Hotel: 3* Minneapolis-St Paul (St Paul) Radisson City Ctr

shammes53
By shammes53,
in

I was bidding hoping to score a inexpensive 3* room for one night, using a maximum of $40

I targeted three areas to bid on: Mpls NW (first choice) Mpls SW and Airport/MOA and will bid on the zones one at a time having four free rebids available. Started with NW bid at $30 - rejected I then added the rebids at $32, $35, $37 and $40, all bids rejected and no counter offers. Closed browser and used SW zone with same strategy as above without success. Started over again with Airport/MOA zone and used same bidding, all rejected again. Just for the heck of it I added the Mpls Downtown zone and bid $42 - rejected. Looks like a cheap 3* may be hard to come by for this date (Saturday night before Labor Day) also Minnesota State Fair time. I may try bidding a couple other zones for 3* or go for a *2 at $30 up to ?

:)

This is a follow up to previous post on rejected 3* bids. Decided to go for a 2* and bid from $28 to $35

Since there are no free rebids available, I will have to add zones where I am willing to stay.

Bids: Roseville $28 rejected, added Eagan $30 rejected and then Airport/MOA for $35 also rejected

Decided to add another zone and bid a few dollars more, added St. Paul assuming I'd never seen a 2* from that zone, bid $37 and it was accepted: Congratulations, you got your price of $37 for a hotel room, and we've upgraded your hotel quality level to a 3-star hotel! Interesting, since I just tried several other zones for a 3* and was rejected up to $41! A pleasant surprise (I think), this should work fine (there is a pool) it's a good location and I can use my Happenings card at their restaurant and get a free dinner (up to $18)

We are staying at the Comfort Inn (Mpls NW) the next night, but I wanted something different for Saturday

Your Offer Price: $37.00 Number of Rooms: 1 Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $37.00 Taxes & Service Fees: $11.58 Total Charges: $48.58

:)

Thanks for sharing your bidding history and results.

This hotel is in the St. Paul zone, from the information you provided it doesn't appear that you had bid this zone at the 3* level, is that correct from what you remember?

Here is a user posted HOTEL REVIEW of this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That is correct, I didn't include the St. Paul zone in my first bidding because I never thought a low bid would be accepted in a "downtown" zone. It is always fun to stay at a property for the first time, so I look forward to the stay. I will be certain to add a review afterwards and let others know about the property.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]