Chicago airport hotels/courtesy shuttles

cllvgm
By cllvgm,
in

My daughter and I need to spend 2 nights in Chicago in order to attend a memorial service this weekend. I want to bid on the flights to get us there and back and then on hotels once we know when/where we're arriving. Is it safe to assume there are 24 hour airport shuttles provided by the upper end hotels in the zones for Midway and O'Hare airports? Has anyone experienced otherwise or done the research? I've looked at many of the hotels and that seems to be the norm for "airport" hotels. I guess I should research all the hotels listed to be sure. Thanks so much for any insights.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

I'm not sure if all hotels in the airport areas offer shuttle, but I believe most (especially at the higher star levels) do. Some may not offer 24HR shuttle. Personally, I believe O'Hare offers a better hotel situation - a lot more in the way of hotels and often better rates as a result of competition. If you do have to go into the city, it is a long way, with the CTA ride lasting around 55 minutes. In order to guarantee shuttle, you can use HOTWIRE and look for a listing with a shuttle amenity.

If you need assistance with your stay, please provide the exact date/s of travel and desired budget.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The hotel I was staying at DoubleTree at Hilton didn't really have it's own courtesy car, but after speaking with the doorman, he said that from where we were, a taxi would cost north of $60 to take us to the airport. He made a call to someone he knew who just offered transportation to the airport. Took us in a Lincoln Towncar to ORD for $50.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]