Hotwire Hotels is shown available but doesn't work through end?

XT600
By XT600,
in

I'm trying to book a 4* Hotel in Milan/Italy from 04/12/13 to 04/14/13 - there is a 4* hotel shown for Cinisello Balsamo - Sesto San Giovanni area hotel.

I can proceed the whole booking process up till the end, my creditcard is accessed to be charged (SMS/emails about that) but the booking doesn't go through...the site jumps back to main page and says "hotel go quickly"... bla bla...

Guys, this has happend 5 times no, creditcard accessed to charge but finally not gone through :angry:

Has anybody seen similar recently at hotwire? I mean I can understand that the hotel isn't available but

1. hotwire access my creditcard!

2. booking process works almost till end, availability could be checked before!

Any idea what to do here? Call them?

The hotel is not currently available and calling will not help as HOTWIRE has no access to rooms at this property at the moment.

Since your stay is not until April, i'd wait 24-48 hours and see if this hotel replenishes any room inventory.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The hotel is not currently available and calling will not help as HOTWIRE has no access to rooms at this property at the moment.

Since your stay is not until April, i'd wait 24-48 hours and see if this hotel replenishes any room inventory.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks just tried again till the end and the $65 Milan, Italy 4* Hotel with breakfast disappeared again at the very end of the process
We're sorry' date=' but availability changes quickly. The hotel you selected is no longer available. Your credit card has not been charged. Check out these great deals. [/quote'] :angry: This isnot funny anymore, chat assistance has no clue and calling might also not really help. Why can't they check availability as usual before the end of the process? Latest after having pressed "book now" it should appear the message above :rolleyes:

Not to get too technical, but the short version is that it costs money to query a global distribution system (GDS) for pricing, so this information may only be downloaded in batches or previous queries may be stored locally by the service provider... then the inventory is double checked and confirmed at the point of sale. In this instance, the inventory is not available and therefore can't be booked. Systems should be/are in place to remove this property from availability (if stored locally) or should no longer be offered based upon the next batch download, but sometimes a listing can get 'caught in the loop' and continue to appear.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK FYI: there is THE furniture fair during that time and hotel prices in Milan are exorbitant those days, 4* in center could be easily 800€ and more/night.

After my wrtitten complaint to HW, they fixed the error - now there are now hotels anymore available for the very low rate :unsure:

Thanks anyway!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]