ATL Car Rental - 15.0 Miles Away????

nanseev
By nanseev,
in

I'm looking for a car rental for Atlanta for Thanksgiving week on Hotwire. I have a decent price, but I'm concerned because they say that the check-in counter is in the airport, shuttle to location, but the Distance is 15.0 miles. Yikes! I don't think I want to be in a car rental bus for 15 miles to get to the rental counter and to get my car....anyone know if this is accurate?

One clarification -- I did two searches..one with just Atlanta, GA and got the above information. Then I did another search with ATL (drop down with the airport logo), and received the same price, but this time it didn't tell me the Distance...it just told me the check-in location and shuttle.

Do you think it's the same place, or maybe just the same company with an airport site and a non-airport site? But if that were the case, it wouldn't have told me the check in counter at the airport, right?

I just don't want to get stuck being 20+ minutes from the airport and having to take a shuttle that long.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for all your bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

The distance shown is the distance from the rental location and the search 'term' that you used for your search. When you used 'Atlanta, GA' it is showing you the distance from the airport rental counter to the center of downtown Atlanta (since that is what you searched by)... whereas when you entered 'ATL' with the airport icon the location and your search term are one in the same, and therefor no mileage is shown. However, just to be on the safe side in case there should be any issue with the location, i would use the search term 'ATL Airport'.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what deal you ultimately get or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]