Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Hoboken - Jersey City) W Hoboken

big-m
By big-m,
in

Hi - Hotline has a 4* (Hoboken, Jersey City, North Bergen) hotel with the following listed amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Hi-Speed internet acess, Business Center, Handicap parking, Tennis near-by and In-room accessibility. Which hotel(s) would be likely with this description? Thanks. (BTW - using your HOTWIRE links for all my searches and bookings)

Just booked this hotel on Hotwire ... turned out to be the W Hotel ... $137/night + taxes & fees ... 10/30 > 11/02/2012 ... amenities as listed above. VERY happy with result!

Question - I have a mobility impairment (use two canes) and am not sure about walking to PATH station. Does hotel have a shuttle service? If not, are cabs readily available for this short ride?

Thanks ... and keep up the SUPER work you're doing.

Congratulations on your success!

A very nice deal for this time of year and for dates just before the NYC Marathon.

This hotel does not officially offer shuttle service, but i often see an 'official W Hotel' vehicle in their driveway, and i suspect that if they're not busy one of the bellman may take you to the PATH train. If not, there are always cars waiting. The fare is $5 anywhere within the city limits... one company has the exclusive for pick-ups at the W and for airport runs they charge $10 more than the local rate, but i don't there is any upcharge for in town runs (since the fare within the city limits is regulated by the city, while outside of the city car companies can set their own rates). Also, there is an elevator to the PATH train so you can specifically ask the driver to drop you off by the elevator (rather than by the steps)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay (and thanks for the compliments on the board :) ).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We booked a GREAT deal (through HOTWIRE link here on BetterBidding) for the W Hotel - Hoboken (10/03 > 11/02). Planning on using PATH train for day-to-day sightseeing in Manhattan. However, when we arrive (from Penn Station) and depart (to 12th Ave Cruise Terminal) we will have several pieces of luggage to handle. What would be the best option?

What would be the approximate cab fare to/from the W Hotel? Any suggestions for a 'good' car service?

Thanks for the help.

...we will have several pieces of luggage to handle.

Is your luggage rollable and manageable OR do is it more than you can handle for 5-6 blocks or so?

Let us know the above and i'll list your options. Also, are you arriving to the city by train (Penn Station) or are you arriving at JFK and taking the AirTrain to Penn Station?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Luggage is more than we can handle for 5 or 6 block walk. We are arriving by train from Buffalo to Penn Station around 6:45PM. I got one quote from NY Premier Limos (W Hotel to 12th Ave Cruise Terminal) for $78 (fare = $55 + tip = $11 + tolls = $12) but looking for other convenient options. Thanks.

Cheapest method if luggage is more than you walk reasonably walk with BUT you can handle for a short distance:

1) Taxi from Penn Station to 33rd St PATH Station (you want the entrance on the WEST side of the street at 32nd St and Sixth Ave as there is an elevator there down to the subway/PATH (the cab driver should know where the elevator is but if not tell him/her "on Sixth Avenue just north of 32nd St on the West side of the street): FARE ~$5

2) PATH FARE: $2/pp

3) PATH to W Hotel: $5 + tip

TOTAL: ~$15

If you can't handle walking with luggage at all then a taxi is your best option. If you have a local hoboken compnay pick you up it may cost ~$45 + toll + tip. You could grab a yellow cab outside of Penn Station but you would then be on the meter and could add up quickly as you sit in Lincoln Tunnel traffic which may or may not still be bad leaving the city at 7pm. (which is an advantage of the train if you can handle it)

To the cruise port you can reverse the above (Taxi --> PATH --> Taxi to Cruise Ship Terminal) as it will save you about $40 (as taxi fare from PATH to cruise ship terminal is ~$15) OR i can send you a local company that may be $10-$20 cheaper than your quote above (but the taxi will be a 'late model' sedan)

I did recently have this same dilemma and it was a 'discussion' in the household the morning of departure as we were leaving from NYC for convenience/low price cruise and i didn't feel like spending the $75 on a taxi. We opted to 'try it' by walking to the PATH with rollable luggage and then take a taxi once we got to Manhattan (and i traveled with two small kids)... i would opt for this route again although it would probably take some reminding to my wife just how easy it was. ;)

Thank you for the wonderfully detailed information that you provide in here. I have been a devoted user of BetterBidding for over 2 years and have watched this site polish the tools that are available to help us find great deals! I have frequently taught friends how to make use of your site. You mentioned that you could send me the name (or link) to a local car service. I would definitely appreciate that. Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]