Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

knowla1
By knowla1,
in

Thank you for your replies. We are looking for a Feb 5th one night stay. Hubby requested a 4* South Beach for $100. Rejected. Tried to rebid but that didn't work. I'd be just as happy with a 3 * cheaper...Looks like I need to do more research while we wait for the wonderful 72 hours to pass. I do have time. I just don't want to make a stupid mistake....

What do you mean that you tried to re-bid but it didn't work? You should be able to bid immediately for a 3* if you wanted to. You should really try to understand re-bidding as there are 5 re-bid opportunities when bidding 4* and 2 re-bid opportunities when bidding 3*. This means that you can gradually raise your bids as you'll have a total of 6 bids when bidding 4* and a total of 3 bids when bidding 3* within each 72 hour period.

I'd be happy to supply a bidding strategy, but it will involve re-bids, so please read thru the above link and ask any questions that you have so that you are comfortable using them.

Also, if you're 4* for $100 was rejected than i think it may be an availability issue at this point (for 4* hotels in this zone, don't let this be a reflection of availability of 3* hotels). So if you really want a 4* i wouldn't be lowering my quality rating at this point just yet. I would suspect that a 4* hotel in South Beach would ultimately go for $70-$90 and a 3* would go for $45-$65.

Please start all of your bids at SavingsBarn.com

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well I did it!! Got a 3* Downtown Miami for $64.00 for one night pre cruise in 2/04. Got the Hyatt Regency. I put in for a 3* for Miami Downtown or 3* South Beach. I'm delighted. After my bids were rejected on the 4* 72hours ago, I went with what I saw another poster got for a Feb booking. Thanks for all your kind help earlier in the week and encouragement. My husband wanted to give up on Priceline, but now is thrilled. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]