BUF -> GSP Need Advice

VelcroBP
By VelcroBP,
in

This is my first time looking at bidding for airfare. I'm travelling to Greenville, SC from Buffalo, NY. Departure on or around (+/- 1 day) December 22nd and returning on or around (+/- 3 days) December 28th. I'm flexible on the flight times as well as the dates (except that I could depart no sooner than the 21st).

That said, I really have no idea what the best strategy is, or what a realistic starting bid would be. It seems that as of today the cheapest "retail" ticket price is ~$400 round-trip.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

See this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding (especially the 2nd post) as you have an almost unlimited number of re-bid zones available. You could start at ~$150-$175 and increase by $10-$25 per re-bid (more early in the bidding, less later in the bidding) until you reach your maximum bid.

HOWEVER, i'll mention that while great deals can sometimes be had and it's worth trying, discounts on airfare are typically far and few between and not nearly as deep as we see as we see for hotels... so at least have your expectations tempered a bit.

With regularly booked fights at $400/roundtrip, how much of a discount would you need to make an opaque purchase (where you can't choose the airline, flight times, layover city, etc?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions and awe can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]