Priceline Hotel: When to bid

fritzov
By fritzov,
in

I am going to New york January 6th to 13th and is hoping to get a good deal on a 4 star hotel, preferable Hells Kitchen or Midtown East.

My question is if i should start bidding now or i should wait. Looking at other sites the prices range from 120-250 for a 4 star hotel during this time. Even seen some deals for under 100$.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As far as timing your bid, see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

What star rating are you seeking and based upon rates that you have seen elsewhere for a similarly rated hotel, what would be your maximum bid at this point in time that would make locking in a non-refundable purchase worthwhile?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please clarify...

MTE and HK are the only acceptable zones?

Do you want to bid up to $150/nite at this time... as it seems like you would sooner consider the 4* on HOTWIRE (which may or may not be 4* rated by PRICELINE... i suspect it may be the 3.5* rated Roosevelt)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's up to you, but we rarely see wins in the HK zone so you'd really almost only be bidding one zone, and if lowest possible price is your primary objective, then i would consider other zones in order to give as many hotels as possible the chance to accept your bid price (which should translate to a lower hotel rate)... of course this assumes you're fine with other zones.

Let us know if you want to only stick with HK and MTE or if we should include other zones, and if the latter, which zone(s) you're willing to accept. As well, what should we use for your maximum bid at this point in time?

I'm not saying lowest possible is my main goal but i would like it to be lower than what the current rates at these 2 zones are. If not there is no reason for me not to book with for exempel Wellington that sells for 85 per night. Max would be 150 and if not accepted i would try to find other deals.

When bidding 4* in NYC you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

With time on your side i would start with the following:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* HK...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and HK...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected don't be discouraged, just post back and we'll revise accordingly.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]