Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel

robbbbrrrr
By robbbbrrrr,
in

So on Tuesday night (oct 2nd), I started the bidding at $60 per night on a 4 star, french quarter hotel for the weekend of 10/05/12-10/07/12. I got rejected, so I continued to up the amount while adding areas (downtown, convention center) and then westbank, garden district, etc (areas w/out 4 star hotels) until I reached $78 per night. Still got rejected, but I was out of areas.

So then this evening (thurs, oct 4th) I bid for only one night (oct 5th - oct 6th) 4star, downtown and my 1st bid of $60 was accepted at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel. I then immediately hit the link to add an additional night at the same price but it was rejected. The rate the site offered me for the night was like $129.00

So I still need a room for Sat night. Am debating whether to bid ($60-$80) for a 3/3.5 star tomorrow in the downtown, french quarter, convention center areas or try for another 4 star hotel and bid ($80-$100).

I welcome suggestions.

ROB B R

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

Sorry to see your attempt to extend the stay was turned down, but nice to see you got such a great rate for this first nite.

I have stayed at this property and although the rooms are a bit on the smaller side, the location is EXCELLENT... close enough to the French Quarter that you can easily come and go... but also far enough away that it's quiet at nite without any drunken screams from the street waking you up.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. As this thread now reflects your first purchase, please start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nite of your stay and we will assist you there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]