France Paris Airports Millennium Hotel Charles De Gaulle CDG

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

I used a night here to break up a long complicated flight itinerary.

Getting to the hotel from CDG is a little tricky. Eventually I had enough sense to ask for directions to the hotel shuttles. Following signs to "Railway" eventually gets one to the general area. Then up to level 5. Outside is a VERY busy area with lots of people and various buses swooping through. The correct bus is the "Big Black Bus". Quite obvious after one knows. And it even has Millennium Hotel painted on the side, along with a bunch of other hotel names it also serves. Standing room only, but hotel names are clearly called off and show up on a screen.

Check-in was incredibly slow. Each person seemed to take a really long time, and I was slow to get off the bus so there were a lot of people in front of me. Careful explanation of breakfast and dinner hours, a request about needing a wake-up call and other things. I was half deaf from plane noise and the French accent made it more of a challenge. I had to keep asking for a repeat just to make sure it wasn't some vital information (most of it wasn't vital to check-in). One of the facts mentioned had to be written down and I couldn't understand it orally. That one turned out to be the meal hours.

One person working the desk, as the second was occupied with a large group of flight attendants - one of those really cute young Asian girl flight attendants. Guess I understand, but I was tired and figured all they needed from me was my name and passport number, a credit card for incidentals (which I wasn't going to do anyway, but there is no way of dodging that). I could sign something and they could hand me a key card. Done.

The room was lovely. Comfortable. Charming. I have no complaints on that score.

There was a "business center" at the hotel. When I first asked where it was, I got a vague point in a direction. I kept looking for a room with a sign on it. Turns out it is a couple computers in the lobby slightly set off. I was hopeful, but turns out they were pay. I went back to the desk and asked the rate. I think he said 8 Euro for a half hour. That would make it an all time high I've seen. I decided my kids could wait to hear from me. For the record, I never saw anyone using those computers. The USA MBA in me says surely they could move the rate down to where they have some revenue yet the computers were open enough for customers to use as needed. Ah ... yes ... they didn't ask me.

There is a tiny village sort of back behind the hotel and maybe a 5 minute walk. I asked for directions, and again got just a vague pointing, but by wandering around outside I found it eventually. Several interesting looking restaurants and a little grocery store. Nice walk.

For the return to the airport the next morning, the Big Black Bus runs about every 1/2 hour. Jam-packed full and the run takes a bit of time. Then more time at the airport to get to the right terminal and gate and such. Allow plenty of time.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]